The posted compensation range of $14.77 - $19.76 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Since inception, CHI St. Alexius Health Turtle Lake has been dedicated to serving the residents of Turtle Lake, ND and the surrounding rural communities. CHI St. Alexius Health includes the Turtle Lake Hospital, Turtle Lake and Washburn Family Clinics. CHI St. Alexius Health Turtle Lake includes services of a 26-bed facility, a rural health clinic, and an emergency department that is available 24 hours a day. We offer many outpatient services, including physical therapy, radiology services, laboratory services, cardiac rehabilitation, and IV treatments.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: Works under the supervision of the RN Charge Nurse / Director of Nursing. The Nurse Aide will function as a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team under the direction of a registered nurse providing nursing care and other functions as assigned or delegated by the RN Charge Nurse. Function according to the State Nurse Practice Act, nursing policy and procedure, and the Mission and Philosophy of Community Memorial Hospital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Admits assigned patients to nursing floor, accurately records on assessment sheet, TPR, WT, HT, BP, O2 SAT, and completes orientation to call light and room within 20 minutes of patient arrival.
- Performs routine procedures such as vital signs, weights accurately, etc. based on standing orders or medical providers orders and records results on flow sheets or charts. Reports values out of normal parameters to charge nurse along with any change in patient condition.
- Documents intake and output accurately and gives results to the charge nurse one hour before the end of the shift. Completes daily documentation by the end of shift.
- Accurately identifies all patients prior to procedures or tests and collects all specimens as assigned by charge nurse following proper procedure for collection and labeling.
- Patient’s rooms are kept clean and orderly with garbage removed as needed, linen picked up and patient belongings kept in proper place. Patient rooms are kept supplied with towels, gloves, pads, depends etc. on a per shift basis. Completes and documents scheduled weekly cleaning.
- Patients are set up for meals, assisted with meals if needed, or fed meals if unable to feed self. Accurately documents percentage of meal eaten and records liquid intake amounts on specified patients. Snacks for patients are distributed.
- Call lights are answered promptly on all patients and any requests by patients are given to appropriate personnel.
- Willing to assist oncoming shift with patient daily needs especially in times of increased workload.
- Personal care (i.e. hair combed, oral cares, bath, back rubs etc.) are completed according to policy and reports any patient problems or changes to charge nurse. Assists patients with toileting issues and follows incontinence policy. Completes appropriate notification and documentation.
- Follows Fall Committee recommendations for patient alarms and bed safety. Assists with Restorative Care, Emergency Room, Lab and X-ray if available. Serves as a mentor for new nurse assistants.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
Licensure: ND State Nursing Assistant Registry
Experience: Previous health care experience preferred but not required
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs