The posted compensation range of $24.59 - $37.90 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Franciscan Medical Group, a part of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, is currently seeking a PER DIEM Clinic LPN for our Franciscan Cardiovascular Associates in Silverdale, WA. We are seeking a motivated individual to join our patient centered team. This individual will support a fast paced center for cardiovascular health. Come join our great work environment! No nights, weekends or organizationally recognized holidays required.
This job is responsible, under the direction of a Registered Nurse or other Healthcare Provider, for providing quality practical nursing care to clinic patients consistent with the scope of LPN licensure and Franciscan Medical Group (FMG) Scope of Practice Policy. An incumbent assists providers with patient clinic visits, carrying out routine aspects of designated nursing protocols and provides clinical support and related assistance to professional medical staff. Work also includes participating in patient care planning, assisting with and/or performing therapeutic/diagnostic procedures/tests, reporting nursing observations/assessments and updating information in the patient’s electronic medical record.
An employee uses initiative in carrying out recurring tasks independently within scope of practice and established standards of care. An RN or Provider provides specific instructions for new or more complex tasks and is consulted when unusual/unfamiliar situations are encountered.
Work involves effectively managing a demanding workload and requires excellent customer service skills with patients/families, multi-disciplinary team members, practitioners and the public.
If assigned to the centralized FMG Float Pool, an incumbent provides patient care services to the assigned clinic/work unit as needed to meeting staffing needs.
*LPN-Clinic Specialty title applies only to employees assigned to the VM OB Clinic.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares patients for practitioner visit; rooms patients, obtains and records vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem; chaperones and documents the patient exam, ensuring patient privacy and comfort.
- Performs, or assists with, patient care, diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training/scope of licensure and established procedures; follows triage standing orders/protocols for routine nursing situations and refers complex, urgent or emergent situations to an RN or provider.
- Assists with point of care testing (CLIA-Waived Tests only)/lab tests following established protocols/instructions.
- Administers patient medications per written provider order; tracks and logs medication usage per established policies; inventories counts of controlled substances.
- Documents procedures and interactions in patient’s medical record in accordance with established procedures; enters, pends and signs orders as appropriate.
- Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep and re-stocking of supplies; prepares, cleans and sterilize instruments and maintains related equipment.
- Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of communication tools/materials for /effective communication and understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services. Patient Population Served: Demonstrates knowledge and proper skills associated with the department’s defined specific populations served.
Performs related duties as required.
- Graduated from an accredited school of practical nursing approved by the Washington State Board of Nursing. One year of LPN work experience in a clinic setting OR two years of acute care LPN work experience preferred.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification.
- If assigned to the Float Pool, current driver’s license and ability to drive to assigned location(s).
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs