RN House Supervisor
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Nursing Administration
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $51.93 - $79.34 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award-winning health systems in Washington state; CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington, our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region. While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Virginia Mason Medical Center, was recognized among the Best Hospitals in Washington state by U.S. News & World Report.
The Nursing House Supervisor ensures optimal flow and utilization of resources including staff, equipment and supplies to meet patient care needs. Promotes patient satisfaction as a leader by demonstration of extraordinary service. This job works directly with leaders when appropriate for operational issues that directly impact safety for patients and staff. Virginia Mason has transformed health care through innovations in patient safety. Joining Virginia Mason is an exceptional opportunity to partner with an organization recognized as the benchmark for health care.
- Facilitates the flow of clinical information for the transfer/admission of patients from clinics, hospitals, emergency departments and other locations external to Virginia Mason.
- Ensures ongoing monitoring of the flow of the patient until the patient is admitted. Upon admission, ensures complete communication between external and internal providers to support a safe handoff of clinical care for the patient.
- Manages flow of patients to eliminate delays and decrease potential for diverts.
- Develops coordinated team approach with physicians, nurses and other ancillary staff. Assigns and changes priorities between work units to ensure exceptional quality and service. Acts as a resource to staff and providers for all operational needs.
- Responsible for the oversight of the hospital. Applies clinical knowledge to sort patient clinical needs to ensure patient needs are met at the right location with the right level of service
- Ensures compliance with state, federal and regulatory agency requirements for facilities, care and staff.
We deliver inspired people to do meaningful work.
- Bachelor's degree is required. BSN in Nursing preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Washington required.
- At least three years increasingly responsible inpatient operations experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize the hospital demands to ensure patient needs are met.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, active listening skills and conflict mediation ability.
- This position requires on-call. 72 hours of on-call per 4 week schedule. This can be (3) 24 hour shifts or (6) 12 hour shifts or a combination to equal 72 hours.
Preferred: Experience in Emergency Medicine, Critical Care or Telemetry. Knowledge of utilization review desirable.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN House Supervisor at Virginia Mason Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started