Physical Therapy Assistant
The posted compensation range of $27.77- $40.27 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Marian Regional Medical Center a 191-bed facility located in Santa Maria California is recognized as one of the Top 250 Hospitals in the Nation by Healthgrades and was awarded Best Maternity Care by Newsweek. It ranks among 10% in the nation for safety core measures in cardiac services and has the only comprehensive cancer treatment and resource program from Los Angeles to San Francisco. Marian’s beautiful mission-style facility houses the latest technology to support excellent physicians and caregivers who deliver compassionate care each and every day. Marian Regional Medical Center is a part of Dignity Health’s Southwest Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality safety and service. Marians offers Santa Maria Valley residents access to the most advanced technologies an expanded and enhanced Emergency Department Critical Care Unit neonatal intensive care unit and an array of womens services.
About this position
In keeping with the Marian Regional Medical Center health care philosophy the Certified Physical Therapist Assistant performs all phases of physical therapy treatment and documentation; performs other tasks as assigned related to quality of care and effective department function. Under the guidance and direction of a Physical Therapist: participates in the treatment program planning; administering therapy modalities procedures and tests; documentes accurate patient records and progress notes; maintaines appropriate oral or written contact with the supervising PT co workers and the public. Ensures a safe work environment by being alert for unsafe conditions in the home and gives appropriate instructions for their correction; Assists Physical Therapy Supervisor with Q.I. as required. Performs other related duties such as participating in departmental functions and activities as required including in-service education and clerical and other tasks relevant to effective department function as necessary.
- One (1) Year Acute Care or SNF experience within the last 5 years required.
- Graduate of accredited physical therapy assistant program
- Licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant in the State of California. (LIC PTA)
Current CPR through American Heart Association (CT CPRBLS)
- Effective oral and written communication skills clearly concisely accurately. Possesses good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of the principles techniques and procedures within the scope of their practice as Licensed Physical Therapist Assistants.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work efficiently.
- Demonstrates ability to function in a team environment collaborating with other patient-care team members physicians patient and their families.
- Ability to teach techniques and procedures of physical therapy to patients and their family. Able to work with minimal supervision.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs