Med Tech or MLT
The posted compensation range of $30.47 - $44.19 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Mercy Health offers the unique opportunity to grow professionally in a supportive highly rewarding work environment and to satisfy your soul in the surroundings of a breathtakingly beautiful natural setting. More than 100 years after the founding of our organization the core values - Compassion Inclusion Integrity Excellence and Collaboration - that guide our interactions with our patients and each other remain the same. In the welcoming embrace of these nurturing communities you will feel immediately at home.
Roseburg is located on Interstate 5 in Southern Oregons scenic Douglas County. The community is nestled in a lush forested region known as the 100 Valleys of the Umpqua. In many places you’ll find it hard to maintain a healthy work-life/personal-life balance because the pace of one is indistinguishable from the other. Not here. Life never stops here but it slows to an easy welcome pace. A traffic jam means you missed the yellow and have to wait for the next green. A terrible parking space is the one across from the restaurant instead of in front of it. And the three words you may never hear are “Wow that’s expensive.” Easy is the best way to describe life here. Hard-to-beat works too.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Pay Scale: $30.47 - $44.19 (MLT $23.98 - $34.78)
Shift: Varied Dayshift Hours Including Weekends
Under the direction of the Laboratory Assistant Director, the Medical Technologist performs clinical laboratory testing and carries out the duties necessary to the performance of clinical test procedures, in the areas of hematology, urinalysis, immunology, immunohematology, chemistry, and microbiology.
- Performs tests in chemistry, hematology, microbiology, immunohematology, immunology, and urinalysis.
- Effectively and efficiently uses the Laboratory Information System (LIS).
- Participates in the performance and evaluation of quality control in all clinical areas with appropriate action taken and documented.
- Demonstrates responsibility for instrument operation and preventative maintenance by performing and documenting on schedule.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and takes action to resolve and document them.
- Demonstrates responsibility for the collection and preparation of specimens for clinical testing.
- When necessary, prepares specimens for referral to outside reference laboratories.
- When necessary, effectively obtains blood samples from adults, newborns, children, geriatric patients, and other patients with special needs.
- MT - Bachelor’s degree in medical technology or related science and completion of an accredited medical laboratory technology training program required.
- MLT - Associate in Science degree and completion of an accredited medical laboratory technician training program required.
- Two (2) years Medical Technologist or MLT experience preferred
- MT - Certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), National Credentialing Agency (NCA) or American Medical Technologist (AMT). Candidates eligible to sit for the ASCP or the AMT exam within the last six months may be considered in lieu of current certification and must be certified within six (6) months of hire.
- MLT - Certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), National Credentialing Agency (NCA) or American Medical Technologist (AMT). Candidates eligible to sit for the ASCP or the AMT exam within the last six months may be considered in lieu of current certification and must be certified within six (6) months of hire.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs