Student Nurse Technician
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: PRN
- Department: Behavioral Health
- Hours/Pay Period: 0
The posted compensation range of $14.78 - $20.33 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Health Immanuel located in North Omaha just off of I-680 on 72nd Street offers a full-service hospital cancer center rehabilitation center specialty spine hospital and more. For well over a century our commitment to serve our community inspires our staff to provide the highest quality of care to all who we have the privilege to serve.
Immediate opportunity for a Student Nurse Technician - Immanuel Medical Center - Adults
We want you to be confident in your choice to join our CHI Health as a nurse. It’s important that you enjoy working with all patient populations and understanding your role's administrative and clinical accountabilities. You must be comfortable leveraging technology, thorough inpatient care coordination, and self-assured in your clinical knowledge and abilities.
You are open to learning new skills and appreciate perspectives differing from your own. You have genuine compassion for your patients’ well-being and understand you play a role in helping patients feel at ease in the physician’s office. You also have the patience to explain the provider’s instructions to patients when they have questions or confusion about their care.
We understand you have personal responsibilities outside of your profession and also care about your well-being.
With you in mind, we offer the following benefits to support your work/life balance:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Direct Primary Plan (No copay, no deductible, and access to CHI Health provider 24/7)
- Premium Access to our Family Care Program supporting your needs for childcare, pet care, and/or adult dependent care
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Programs
• Flexible spending accounts
CHI Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, includes 150+ clinics delivering quality care to patients across Nebraska and southeast Iowa. Our full-service network provides a variety of Primary Care & Priority Care Services, including Family, Internal, Geriatric, and Pediatric Medicine, in addition to several specialties to deliver custom care based on the unique needs of our patients.
In healthcare, we all agree that support is a must in order to be successful. This position will support our healthcare teams by ensuring they have everything they need in order to care for our patients. They also play a huge role in a patient’s experience and prep when they visit any of our clinics. We couldn’t do it without you! If you have a passion for supporting others and enhancing patient experience, we want to talk to you.
- Provides patient personal care/hygiene and physical comfort within assigned tasks and permitted by Nursing Skills Checklist, including feeding, bathing, shaving, changing clothes, bed making, ambulation, lifting, turning, moving, transferring, enemas, skin care and bowel/bladder elimination. Provides such additional care as required to meet the personal primary needs and comfort of assigned patient based on skill, ability, and patient acuity. Prepares patient, equipment and supplies for specific procedures/examinations.
- Performs, monitors, reports and documents all clinical activities within assigned tasks and permitted by Nursing Skills Checklist. Observes and reports changes in patient condition to the RN. Obtains, labels and transports a variety of samples (e.g. urine, stool, sputum specimens and blood products).
- Assists nursing staff in the admission, discharge and transfer of patient by performing activities such as inventory/storing patient belongings, providing patient with relevant personal care/comfort items, orienting patient/family and transporting patient to room or other location using wheelchairs, stretchers or patient bed.
- Provides patient information to nursing staff for inclusion in the interdisciplinary plan of care; documents relevant patient data in accordance with work unit standards.
- Maintains a neat and organized work environment. Orders, stocks and replenishes supplies and equipment as necessary, identifies and reports problems with supplies or equipment; enters equipment repair request in system, tags equipment and removes from service.
- Maintains a safe work and patient environment, adhering to the hospital’s Safety, Risk Management, Regulatory Standards and infection prevention.
- Participates in quality assurance/improvement initiatives and activities. Participates in growth opportunities.
Current enrollment in an accredited Registered Nurse, Bachelor of Science Degree program or Associate Degree program.
Required Licensure and Certifications:
Must be registered as a Nurse Aide in the state of practice.
Current healthcare provider BLS certification – American Heart Association
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Student Nurse Technician at CHI Health Immanuel?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started