The posted compensation range of $18.74 - $25.77 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
At CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy our focus is patient-centered care. Our level I trauma center and academic medical center campus is designed to heal the body mind and spirit of every person in a more comfortable less stressful hospital environment. Our full range of medical services includes trauma services heart and vascular care emergency services surgery maternity cancer care and diagnostic imaging.
- Functions within the scope of practice of a Paramedic as defined within Iowa and Nebraska state regulations. This position does not take a patient assignment, it is an intervention role.
- Provides patient care and performs patient care procedures: EKG, Accu checks. CPR, crutches, ace bandage application, splint application, wound cleansing, dressing, immobilization. medication administration under medical/nursing direction (IM, IV, oral ASA and Tylenol, oral analgesics), IV insertions and IO insertions, foley catheterization, intubation (only at the direct request and supervision of a ED physician who is present in the room), re-assessment of patient condition and status.
- Responds to Code Blue in the ED and, when requested, on the hospital campus.
- Provides patient transportation within the Emergency Department and on the hospital campus as requested.
- Must have and maintain active membership on a Rescue Service in the state of Nebraska. This is not required for Iowa.
- WILL NOT perform triage, initial patient assessment, provide dismissal instructions, give antibiotics or thrombolytics.
- Completes medical record to indicate treatments, procedures, and medications administered or performed. Authorized to make entries in the medical record, consistent with and limited to the scope of the job duties and any applicable licensure.
- Consults as needed with supervising nurses and ED physician regarding patient condition and treatment.
- Enters patient orders into hospital computer system when directed.
- Assists with obtaining patient demographic and billing information.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
Previous experience as a Paramedic is desirable
Previous clinical experience in an Emergency Department or hospital setting is desirable
Must have a valid certificate to function as an EMT-P (EMT-Paramedic) in the state of Nebraska or Iowa.
Additional requirements include:
BLS or BLS instructor certification from American Heart Association is required upon hire.
ACLS or ACLS instructor certification from American Heart Association is required within 6 months.
PALS (Pediatric Cardiac Life Support) or PALS instructor certification required within 6 months.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs