Advanced Medical Assistant
The posted compensation range of $17.89 - $25.27/hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Health St. Mary’s has served Nebraska City and the surrounding areas since 1927. In the fall of 2014 St. Mary’s opened the doors of a brand-new fully modernized facility. The new 110000-square-foot campus is better equipped to meet the changing needs of our community with among other benefits an increased capacity for specialty clinics and an integrated primary care clinic. St. Mary’s encourages collaboration and care coordination among primary care physicians and medical specialists. This contributes to the high quality of care our patients have come to expect.
The Medical Assistant Advanced will support assigned physician(s) with patient care and clinical documentation into the electronic medical records in an efficient manner. Accurately performs ancillary healthcare services while assisting the physician through documentation of specific components of the patient visit and executing specified physician instructions.
- Performs general patient care following established clinic workflows.
- Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider by obtaining and recording vital signs, reviewing drug allergies and current medications, completing applicable screening questionnaires and documenting reason for visit.
- Accompany the physician into the exam room for the patient visit documenting in the electronic medical record (EMR) all aspects of care including, but not limited to, chief complaint, history of presenting illness, physical exam and patient plan as directed by the physician.
- Collects and prepares ordered specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Prepares and provides ordered medications and/or vaccines to patients.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Ensures patient exam rooms are stocked, clean, and orderly.
- Escalates non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns timely and appropriately.
- Ensures safety checklists and quality controls are completed as required and necessary action taken if indicated.
- Performs other duties within scope of role as assigned.
Graduate of medical assisting program accredited by Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education (CAAHEP).
Active status on Nebraska Medication Aide Registry within 90 days of hire.
Current/valid nationally recognized certification, registration or recognition for medical assistants (AAMA/CMA, RMA, NCMA).
Basic Life Support (BLS).
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs