Nurse Shift Manager Surgery
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Surgery
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $49.40 - $74.72 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
What makes a successful Nurse Shift Manager Surgery at California Hospital Medical Center?
Founded in 1887 Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed acute care nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center the Los Angeles Center for Womens Health obstetrics and pediatric services and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health one of the nations five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
- Supervises nursing staff assigned to a particular shift. Assigns patients to available nursing staff taking into consideration the patients condition and the employees skill level.
- Assesses monitors and educates the nursing staff on patient care. Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
- Anticipates staffing needs and moves proactively to respond to them.
- Oversees stocking of supplies and updating patient records to ensure that the nursing floor is ready for subsequent shifts.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of two (2) years of surgery experience as a registered nurse.
- Registered Nursing License (RN) in state of practice
- BLS - Basic Life Support
- ACLS - Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
Map this location
Get an idea what your commute will be like.
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started