Manager Patient Safety
The posted compensation range of $51.44 - $74.58 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Founded in 1887 Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed acute care nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center the Los Angeles Center for Womens Health obstetrics and pediatric services and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health one of the nations five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
If you are committed to social justice, health equity, and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Annual Incentive (Bonus) Program.
- Matching Retirement Program.
- Pension fully funded by the Hospital.
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance.
- Free Membership to our Care@Work program supporting child care, pet care, and adult dependent needs.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft.
- Wellness Program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Implements and oversees the organization-wide patient safety program and manages the reporting, data analysis and evaluation as outlined in the Patient Safety Plan. Ensures regulatory and accreditation requirements for patient safety are fully met. Provides patient safety education at new hire orientation and ongoing to leaders, clinician presentations (e.g. event reporting expectations, culture of safety, patient safety initiatives, etc.)
- Oversees the events reporting process, root cause analysis, and event investigation/review. Supports and encourages harm reporting throughout the organization through a non-punitive just event reporting system. Participates in system office initiatives and programs to mitigate risks identified at other hospitals, resulting in reduced costs, adverse patient outcomes and ultimately safer patient practices/care. Prepares and presents informative and actionable patient safety reports (to include patient's story of harm) to appropriate committees to include high level presentations to leadership, Medical Executive Committee and The Board.
- Receives and oversees responses to patient complaints/grievances and investigates to solve issues promptly. Acts as an intermediary between patients, staff and family to provide clear communication between all parties regarding any outstanding issues. Seeks input from patients/families involved in harm or close-call events as appropriate.
- Coordinates the requests from the system office claims team (related to litigated claims) and collaborates with other key stakeholders to implement learnings from claims. Coordinates all legal documents related to hospital liability, including the management of subpoenas, Summons and Complaints and other related activities.
- Bachelor's degree or five (5) years of related job or industry experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of risk management, patient safety and/or other related professional experience and a minimum of two (2) years of experience managing/supervising employees and/or vendors.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs