RN Internal Traveler - PIL
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: National Critical Care Travel Team
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $42.49 - $61.61 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Now is the ideal time to join CommonSpirit Health's National Travel Program! Supporting the Dignity Health and Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) facilities across the United States, this is the perfect opportunity for you to work in various parts of the country and enjoy the variety of a travel nurse with the security of being employed by one of the largest faith-based healthcare systems in the country.
For the 1st time in CommonSpirit Health's ministry, we are launching an enterprisewide national travel program that will ultimately operate in 139 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across 21 states; we invite select, exceptional nurses to earn excellent benefits (see below) while on temporary assignments across the country. If you are committed to social justice, and health equity and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you belong with us.
INITIAL DEPLOYMENT: Kentucky and Arkansas - program will expand across the Country based on the needs of the business.
As our ICU Travel Nurse with CommonSpirit, you’ll monitor patients who are critically ill and unstable following extensive injury, surgery, or life-threatening disease.
You’ll begin each shift by taking report from a nursing teammate before making your rounds. You’ll provide continued care and perform procedures as detailed in the care plan. This could mean assisting a physician with a chest tube or central line, providing wound care, ensuring patients MRI or CT, or administering medications.
To thrive in this role, you’ll heavily depend on your ability to multitask and react. You’ll clinically care for your patients- remaining focused and attentive as you continuously monitor your patients throughout your shift. You also serve as their advocate- supporting their best interests when they cannot. However, your sound judgment during an emergency and rapid response are impressive, putting you on the radar for advancement.
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring patient comfort.
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to informational and emotional needs of patients and families.
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e., Patient Care Technicians) in caring for patients.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment setup, maintenance, and use (i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices) Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms with necessary.
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e., emptying drainage devices, ambulating, and hygiene).
Why join our Travel Program:
- Be part of creating the foundation for the CommonSpirit Travel Program.
- Have a voice in establishing the practices for the CommonSprit Travel Program.
- Travel to facilities within one organization, with one mission, vision and values.
- Competitive compensation range that includes base pay, benefits & travel/housing stipend options available. Pay breakdown available upon request (email@example.com).
- Full-Time positions.
- Shifts vary.
- 12-Week Assignments (may be extended based on business need).
- 36-hours per week guaranteed.
- Eligible for special pay in addition to base pay (shift differential, overtime, extra shift, etc.).
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Minimum 2 years of experience as registered nurse in a critical care / intensive care unit.
- ADN or Nursing Diploma
Current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse from the state(s) in which he or she will be practicing and/or compact state license
Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and (ACLS).
Other credentials may be required based on specialty and area(s) of assignment as specified by the requesting facility, state license and other regulatory requirements for local, state and federal agencies.
Certification in specialty preferred; certifications and competencies to support care area and patient population served.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Internal Traveler - PIL at CommonSpirit Health?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started