Oncology Charge RN
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Oncology
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $40.87 - $69.04 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies. While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
**$20K SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE!**
Serves as a leader and clinical resource to staff under the direction of nursing leadership. Collaborates with the primary RN or team leader to ensure the planning and delivery of quality patient care in partnership with physician, interdisciplinary team and patient/family. Acts as a role model, demonstrating technical/clinical competence consistent with the needs of staff and the patient population served. Assists staff with problem solving and decision making.
- Oversees clinical operations to include: coordination of assignments, delegation of tasks, provision of clinical care, patient placement, unit and patient flow.
- Aligns staffing with productivity-based Staffing Matrix to include requesting resources based on patient need and flexing staff based on census and workload fluctuations.
- Prepares assignments considering patient acuity and staff skill mix/competency; ensures timely posting of Staffing Plan; assigns and/or ensures staff are provided with rest and meal breaks.
- Monitors and oversees Sitter usage in assigned area.
- Serves as the first point of contact in the department chain of command during the shift for staff’s clinical needs, investigation of complaints, service recovery and completion of incident reports; ensures management is apprised of concerns and incidents.
- Coordinates care, collaborating and communicating effectively with the inter-disciplinary team.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of quality and SafetyFirst-related initiatives and requirements.
- Serves as mentor to develop and coach orientees and experienced staff; demonstrates skill in conflict management.
- Contributes to the development and evaluation of staff competency; provides objective feedback to assist with staff performance throughout the review cycle.
- Assists with monitoring of regulatory and auditing requirements.
- Two years of experience in the clinical specialty within the last three years preferred.
- Prefer previous charge nurse experience.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current Healthcare BLS Certification.
- Specialty certification preferred.
**Sign-On Bonus paid in lump sum within 30 days of hire. Eligible candidate must have a minimum of one year of RN experience in this specialty area, may not be a current employee of Virginia Mason Francican Health, nor previously FTE-employed with VMFH within the last 12 months. Minimum of 0.6 FTE required, and total amount paid is prorated to the FTE. Requires a 2-year commitment.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Oncology Charge RN at St Clare Hospital?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started