Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: cardiovascular
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $30.55 - $44.30 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an internationally recognized leader in research and clinical excellence that has given rise to breakthroughs in cardiovascular care neuroscience oncology transplantation and more. Our team’s efforts have led to the creation of many research programs and initiatives to develop advanced treatments found nowhere else in the world. In our commitment to advancing standards in an ever-evolving healthcare environment our new McNair Campus is designed around the human experience—modeled on evidence-based practices for the safety of patients visitors staff and physicians. The 27.5-acre campus represents the future of healthcare through a transformative alliance focused on leading-edge patient care research and education. Our strong alliance with Texas Heart® Institute and Baylor College of Medicine allows us to bring our patients a powerful network of care unlike any other. Our collaboration is focused on increasing access to care through a growing network of leading specialists and revolutionizing healthcare to save lives and improve the health of the communities we serve.
Functions as the primary point of contact for patients after their initial diagnosis. The role and responsibility is toeffectively support the education of the patient and family about the disease, assist to coordinate care, advocate for and effectively access support services, and identify and resolve barriers which prevent optimal care to occur. Sustains the patient until they have sufficient knowledge and resources to self‐direct care. Develops an effective relationship with both the patient and with the various members of the healthcare team to ensure a patient‐centered care experience throughout the treatment processes. Coordinates information for the patient, significant others, and all providers to assist in decision‐making processes, and Serves as a liaison between treatment program(s) and the referring physicians. Identifies quality metrics which assess processes and provide measurement to determine satisfaction with the program and identify improvements of the navigation initiatives. Also, collaborates with the service line and marketing team to promote the Navigator Program.
- Performs case finding to ensure maximum number of patients are contacted during high stress points
- Introduces the navigation services with intent to coordinate care, decrease potential barriers to care, and to assess potential additional resources to support needs of the patient or family
- Initiates contact with all newly identified patients via face to face meeting, telephone, e‐mail, or mail as soon possible, and completes the patient needs assessment within the required timeframe of initial patient contact
- Educates patients/family on disease specifics, processes, and treatment options or appropriate clinical trials to enable patient‐led treatment decisions
- Establishes and Coordinates a supportive care plan with goals and interventions based upon treatment and individual patient/caregiver needs, preferences, beliefs, and values; and up‐ dates the plan as changes occur
- Throughout the care continuum, identifies, advocates, and Coordinates patient access to community support services and System’s resources based upon identified recommendations from the healthcare team, patient needs, and/or insurance coverage
- Schedules and Coordinates appointments/services for patients; streamlines care path transitions and logistical issues; Coordinates travel arrangements as needed
- Advocates for disease survivors, co‐survivors, and Implements survivorship activities
- Ensures safe care to patients by adhering to established policies, procedures, and accuracy of practice
- Remains up to date with advances in the assigned role, and integrates knowledge into on‐going practices; attends and Participates in meetings, Multidisciplinary Boards, and other meetings deemed pertinent
Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor's Degree ‐ Nursing
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Three (3) years of patient care experience in the applied area
- Experience in program development
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Navigator at Baylor St Luke's Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started