Surgical Services Manager
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Surgery
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
The posted compensation range of $37.05 - $53.72 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Work in the heart of #humankindness at CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson.
As our Manager of Surgical Services at CHI St. Alexius Health Dickinson, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health, you’ll be responsible for the management of Surgical Services within the hospital, driving patient satisfaction, quality, and safety metrics as well as employee performance, competency, and engagement. You oversee overall unit planning, budgeting and regulatory compliance of Operating Room (OR), Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), Sterile processing (SPD), and Same Day Services (SDS).
To thrive in this role, you must be competent and confident. Utilizing your excellent communication skills one-on-one and in front of groups, you will tackle tough conversations and, above all, be an educator at heart. Every interaction is an opportunity to share your knowledge with others and improve their understanding of a patient’s needs, the needs of the nursing staff, or the needs of the organization.
- Drives patient satisfaction, quality, and safety metrics through visionary leadership, incident review, policies and procedures, training, ongoing evaluation, and performance improvement programs
- Bridges the gap between management and staff by serving as a liaison, communicating company direction and vision with employees and sharing employee feedback with senior leadership
- Drives employee performance through effective staff development, accountability, conflict resolution, mentoring, communication, performance management, total rewards, and team-building
- Develops and maintains tools and resources to support employee competency within the department including departmental orientation, competency checklists, job aides, job descriptions, policies, procedures, and communication tools
- Strives for continuous improvement in the department by identifying issues, conducting root cause analyses, implementing solutions, evaluating efficacy, and adapting to continually improve
- Envisions, recommends, evaluates, and deploys new programs, services, certifications, or awards that advance the offerings of the department or organization as a whole, meet a community need, or otherwise better serve the organization and its stakeholders
- Develops and administers departmental budget within the guidelines established by national, division, and local finance leaders
- Ensures the department is adequately staffed by overseeing recruitment, selection, and scheduling; establishing and enforcing minimum staffing guidelines; and providing direct patient care when required
- Serves as a role model of the organization’s mission, vision, and core values in his or her daily work, modeling the behavior expected of staff and maintain a high level of professionalism in all interactions
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree (BSN) must be obtained.
Candidates must have an RN license that allows them to practice in the state of North Dakota (compact license or license issued by the ND Board of Nursing).
Basic Life Support (BLS).
- One (1) year of leadership experience within surgical services.
PALSto be obtained within three (3) months of start date.
ACLS to be obtained within three (3) months of start date.
CNOR to be obtained within 24 months of start date.
- MBA, MHA or MSN.
- Two (2) years of leadership experience within surgical services.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, sign-on incentive, relocation assistance and more!
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Surgical Services Manager at CHI St Alexius Health Dickinson?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started