Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $29.16 - $42.28 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
As a Triage Registered Nurse at CHI St. Alexius Health Devils Lake, you'll play a crucial role in assisting the emergency department with handling immediate and critical medical situations. As a Triage Nurse, you'll be the first touchpoint to the people in our community during health emergencies.
No two days in emergency nursing are ever the same. You’re a multitasker who can react quickly as you’ll prioritize patients based on their medical necessity while you’re providing emergency triage to others. As part of our ER team, you’ll partner with an experienced clinical team to deliver stabilizing care to our patients by performing IV starts, foley catheter insertions, or aiding providers with chest tube insertions.
To thrive as a triage nurse, you should exhibit teamwork, professionalism, critical thinking skills, and a willingness to take on additional projects such as patient experience initiatives. More than anything, you should be energetic and motivated to provide quality care to all of our patients, maintaining their dignity at every step.
CHI St. Alexius Health Devils Lake Hospital is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital accredited by The Joint Commission licensed by the North Dakota State Department of Health and certified by the Department of Health and Human Services for participation in the Medicare Program. Our hospital has been committed to providing patients quality medical treatment in the Lake Region area and surrounding communities since 1902.
- Provides basic, bedside care.
- Displays professionalism while completing multiple urgent tasks in a timely manner.
- Performs triage, collects current symptoms, records patients’ current vital signs, as well as a detailed patient history.
- Works directly under physician’s direction and/or policies/procedures.
- Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications.
- Provides Patient/Family Education.
- Manages basic life support needs and stabilizes patients until the attending physician is available, based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- Maintains proper supply levels and appropriate medical equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Associate of Science in Nursing.
- Current unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Dakota (ND) OR compact license holder that allows you to practice as a RN in the state of ND.
- Basic Lifes Supprot (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, $20,000 incentive, relocation assistance and more!
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Triage RN at CHI St Alexius Health Devils Lake?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe investing in our employees lets them know they truly matter. Your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started