Surgical Tech Intern
The posted compensation range of $17.50 is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
At CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs patients are at the heart of our care. Our campus is designed to heal the body mind and spirit of every person in a more comfortable less stressful hospital environment. Our full range of medical services include a new pavilion featuring enhancements in heart and vascular care surgery maternity cancer care and diagnostic imaging.
This position is for students who are enrolled in a surgical technology career program and are interested in permanent employment upon graduation from an accredited program. Students must have completed their first two program quarters in the technology program and be a student in good standing. Will at all times work under direct supervision of a registered nurse.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- With minimal assistance plans for and prepares necessary instruments supplies and equipment required for surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and technical skill in the care and use of instruments supplies and equipment used to assist the physician in performing most surgical procedures.
- Assists in circulating duties with a registered nurse.
- Responsible for surgical technician duties under the direct supervision of the certified surgical technician or registered nurse. May first scrub minor cases second scrub major cases or first scrub major cases with certified surgical technician direct supervision. This position will never scrub alone.
- Assists with prepping patient for procedure as directed.
- Assists in positioning and draping the patient.
- Completes accurate sponge needle and instrument counts with registered nurse.
- Assists in: proper care of specimens cleaning and maintaining surgical instruments room turnover and cleaning transporting patients to and from surgery transporting blood products and specimens to and from the laboratory.
- Performs all work in accordance with accepted standards of sanitation safety and roper handling techniques and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Complete second quarter as a student in an accredited Surgical Technology program
BLS Certified through American Heart Association
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs