Market President, Colorado/Kansas
The posted compensation range of $296.47 - 345.89/hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health is a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 by Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. With its national office in Chicago and a team of over 150,000 employees and 25,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit operates more than 2,000 care sites from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen -- both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Colorado/Kansas/Utah Division includes 20 hospitals, 240 physician practices and clinics, emergency and urgent care centers, home care and hospice services, and Flight For Life® Colorado. With its national office in Chicago and a team of over 175,000 employees and 25,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit operates 142 hospitals and more than 2,200 care sites across 24 states. In FY 2022, CommonSpirit Health had revenues of $33.9 billion and provided $4.9 billion in charity care, community benefit, and non-reimbursed government programs. Learn more at www.commonspirit.org.
The Market President is responsible for bringing together the entire IDN ( Integrated Delivery Network) or other network as applicable, driving growth and competitiveness within the Market while being the representative of CommonSpirit's mission, vision, culture, and value across the care continuum. Reporting to the regional president, and working directly with Hospital Presidents, the Market President is responsible for the strategic planning, operations, profit and loss (P&L), employee & provider engagement, and support services within the market. This position provides administrative leadership and direction to all operations and business entities of the market's hospitals, ambulatory care centers, and post-acute services. Working in partnership with the national clinical enterprise, the Market President assures quality of care patient experience, and care delivery are provided based on CommonSpirit Health-established goals to the communities within the market. Individuals in this role are held accountable for the key responsibilities as outlined within this job description, and other duties as assigned. This position reports to the Regional President.
- Promote adherence to the mission, vision, culture, and values to accomplish One CommonSpirit
- Own and manage Market P&L, operating budgets, and capital allocation requests / distributions
- Oversee best-in-class care delivery, operational excellence and financial performance in both ambulatory and Hospital care settings
- Develop strategies and identify innovative opportunities and ideas that support growth, expansion of Market share, and diversification in their Markets
- Oversee and lead implementation of National and Divisional programs that connect patients to the entire Integrated Delivery Network or applicable network based on community need
- Manage business, community, regulatory, governmental, and external board relations in their Market
- Partner with Payer Strategy on payer management, reimbursements, and provider fees for the respective Market as directed by Division President
- Leverage Market data to support data-driven decision making and reporting
- Attract, recruit, and retain the best clinical and operational talent for their Market
- Support and provide input into Divisional workforce planning, leadership development, succession planning and employee engagement
- Participate in cross-Market governance forums to support collaboration, best practice sharing, and decision-making
- Address and resolve QSPE or care delivery issues within respective Market
- Maintains excellent relationships with employees and physicians, consistently looking for opportunities to improve engagement
- Collaborates with other Market Presidents, Division Leaders and the Market Leadership team ( clinical and non-clinical leaders)
Minimum Required Experience
- 10 years progressive executive leadership experience in a medical center/hospital.
- Leadership in multiple hospitals preferred.
Minimum Level of Education
- Master’s Degree
- Comprehensive understanding of the health-care sector across the entire care continuum.
- Strong understanding of budget management, P&L analysis, and capital allocation.
- Experience with successful Market share growth and diversification, particularly within a health-care environment.
- Experience leading multiple hospital care settings.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent clinical/business skill acumen; Management skills suitable for a complex tertiary level patient care setting.
- Breadth of knowledge in all areas of the patient care environment.
Benefits Include: Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans, Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary Benefits.
Position is eligible for incentive pay based on company performance.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs