Pediatric Occupational Therapy
The posted compensation range of $33.52 - $48.60 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Pediatric Occupational Therapist
As a Peds Occupational Therapist at St. Joseph Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, you’ll help our patients regain their independence and quality of life so they can safely go about their daily activities.
You'll see a variety of patients from infancy to appx. 15 years of age with issues in several areas including developmental delays, autism, neurological, sensory, and orthopedic conditions to name a few. We are looking for a committed and patient-focused Occupational Therapist to develop, recover, or maintain the daily living skills of children with physical, mental, or developmental conditions.
To thrive in this role, you must be flexible and adaptable. You’ll care for all patient populations presenting with a variety of conditions. You need to be extremely organized and efficient. You’ll see many patients each workday and will be required to document all evaluations, treatments, and status changes. Most importantly, you must be positive, personable, and motivating. It can be a long road for some patients, and a therapist who remains upbeat and energetic can make all the difference.
CHI St. Joseph Health – College Station/Bryan TX Since 1936 CHI St. Joseph Health has been caring for the communities in Bryan College Station Brenham Hearne Navasota Caldwell Madisonville and Bellville. With the area’s only Level II Trauma Center the first Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center and the first accredited Chest Pain Center in the Brazos Valley; CHI St. Joseph Health is a leader in critical care and the largest provider of cardiovascular care in the region. As an integrated healthcare system CHI St. Joseph Health includes a comprehensive network of over 100 employed providers including primary care physicians specialists and advanced practice clinicians. The network includes more than 20 ambulatory clinics featuring primary care a freestanding Emergency Room Express Clinics and imaging and diagnostic services.
We are offering a $10,000 Sign on Bonus in addition to relocation to new hires who meet the eligibility requirements.
- Work with physicians, physical therapists, speech therapists, and others to evaluate new patients and recommend a plan of care.
- Provide treatments to patients focusing on increasing range of motion, strengthening, and maintaining balance during daily activities
- Recommend adaptive equipment and customize it as needed
- Perform re-evaluation assessments to update progress, status changes, etc.
- Document all evaluations, treatments, and any changes to the treatment plan
- Seek help when needed; provide support when others request it - this can include assistance with tasks, advice, mentoring, or help to obtain additional specialty certifications if you’re interested.
- Maintain a friendly and upbeat attitude to motivate our patients to do their best.
- Master's Degree In Occupational Therapy
- 1-2 years clinical experience in pediatric therapy
- Licensed by the State of Texas- Occupational Therapy
- American Heart Association BLS CPR certified; Certified by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
#CHISTJOSEPHTHERAPY #THERAPYTEXAS #APROT
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs