Urology Tech Burien
The posted compensation range of $25.7 - $35.34 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health brings together two award-winning health systems in Washington state CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason. As one integrated health system with the most patient access points in western Washington, our team includes 18,000 staff and nearly 5,000 employed physicians and affiliated providers. At Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, you will find the safest and highest quality of care provided by our expert, compassionate medical care team at 11 hospitals and nearly 300 sites throughout the greater Puget Sound region. While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus eligibility, and more!
Under the direction of a Urologist, Urology Physician Assistant, and/or Urology RN, the Urology Technician will provide clinical, procedural, and administrative support in an ambulatory care setting. The Urology Technician will work with patients seeking care for urologic needs, and the Urology Technician will make the patient’s comfort, safety, and confidentiality the primary concern. Provides direct patient care with rooming and preparing patients for visits, as well as assisting physicians, physician assistants, and RNs in procedures.
·Performs pre-procedural duties as a member of the procedural team, with technical assistance to the physician, physician assistant, and RN including:
· Prepares patient for procedure including vitals, positioning, application of topical numbing, reviewing the procedure, safety precautions, and consent form. Provides pre and post procedure care instructions directly to the patient.
· Passes correct instruments, supplies and sutures as needed by the physician and assists the physician during procedure if necessary.
· Assists in procedures with skin retraction, blotting, post-procedure sterile gauze.
· Prepares specimens for submission for pathological analysis.
· Performs suture removals and bandaging, independently under the physicians’ orders.
· Prepares basic sterile packs and trays. Identifies and selects appropriate packs, trays and accessory/specialty equipment for each procedure. Prepares instruments and equipment for aseptic procedures.
· Prepares the physical procedure exam room, creating the sterile field, preparing supplies and instruments, urologic equipment, and maintaining sterile technique during procedure.
Performs accurate and timely Interstim reprogramming, PTNS needle removal, simple catheter placement, void trials, biopsy samples, specific urodynamics related tasks (consent, rooming, start uroflow, provides instructions), cystoscopy preparation, and cystoscopy stent removal. Escalates results to physician, physician assistant, or RN as appropriate and completes documentation.
Effectively communicates with patients regarding pathology results and treatments.
Orients, educates, and trains less experienced MA-Cs for tasks within the Urology Technician position description and completes required coach training. Maintains active CPR.
Maintains proper upkeep and cleanliness of exam rooms, including stocking rooms, daily and monthly safety sweeps for expired product, and monthly deep cleaning.
Completes care coordination tasks including phone messages, patient questions, and scheduling appointments and medication prior authorizations. Cross trained with front office duties including check in/arrival activities and insurance updates.
Maintains a caring and supportive attitude towards patients, family members, visitors, providers and co-workers. Leads care team in maintaining a smooth, punctual, and efficient patient flow. Requires energetic, reliable, team player for a busy, fast-paced practice.
Ability to travel, outside of primary work location to any of Virginia Mason location with Urology services, is required as needed and directed by manager. Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and ability to read and comprehend at a 12th Grade Level or above.
- Must be able to read, understand and implement instructions related to proper cleaning and high-level disinfection of urological scopes and accessories as well as various complex therapeutic modalities.
- Medical Assistant – Certified required
- Must maintain active CPR
- At least 1 year of experience as a practicing medical assistant in a urology clinic/setting with procedural skills and demonstrated competency of skills.
- Requires certification as a Urology Associate from the Certification Board for Urologic Nurses and Associates (CBUNA) to be completed within 1 year.
Associates degree preferred. Current urology certification (CBUNA). 1 year of experience as a practicing urology technician in a urology clinic/setting with procedural skills and demonstrated competency of skills. Experience training / coaching preferred.
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients and our community, We are equally dedicated to your professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the nation, you will find that a medical Assistant opportunity With Virginia Mason is one worth taking. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs