Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: PRN
- Department: Womens and Childrens Services
- Hours/Pay Period: .01
The posted compensation range of $18.86 - $25.22 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius Health for many years to come.
CHI St. Alexius Health is a regional health network with a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, the system also consists of critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington, Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St. Alexius Health manages four CAHs in North Dakota - Elgin, Linton, and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in Mobridge, S.D. CHI St. Alexius Health offers a comprehensive line of inpatient and outpatient medical services, including: a Level II Trauma Center, primary and specialty physician clinics, home health and hospice services, durable medical equipment services, a fitness and human performance center and ancillary services throughout western and central North Dakota.
CHI St. Alexius Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care.
- Assists and supports surgical procedures by setting up tables, instruments and supplies required for cesarean sections, vaginal deliveries and circumcisions. Maintains sterile technique while assisting in draping patient in operative area. Prepares, passes and maintains a correct count of instruments, sutures, sponges and supplies.
- Maintains appropriate stock and equipment inventories in the department and patient rooms including maintenance of surgical instruments per protocol.
- Responds to patient calls, anticipates patient needs, and assures patient safety and comfort through regular rounds, environmental maintenance and other appropriate safety measures.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in unit meetings, inservice programs, continuing education, programs and fulfills yearly requirements as stated by policy. Assists in the orientation of new staff and participates in unit Quality Improvement activities.
- Records vital signs and intake and output when requested into the patient record and/or computer. Reports any changes observed in the condition or behavior of patients to RN.
- Performs nursing procedures which do not require the skill/knowledge or judgment of a licensed professional and which may be safely delegated in accordance with nursing policies and procedures, i.e.; patient baths, bed making, application of ice bags and ambulating patients.
- Performs clerical duties including assembling charts and packets and entering charges.
- Obtains birth certificate information and enters into vital statistics the data base per unit needs.
- Assists with EVS duties including turning over rooms, OR cleaning, etc.. as needed by the unit.
- Performs point of care testing……..
Required Education and Experience
Completion of an accredited Surgical Technology program or a current registration/certification by a recognized national body.
Required Licensure and Certifications
BLS is required upon hire. (Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.)
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
* Verbal and non-verbal communication skills
* Manual dexterity skills
* Good interpersonal relationship skills
* Computer skills
* Ability to work under stressful and changing conditions in a calm, productive and flexible manner
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful OB Tech at CHI St Alexius Bismarck?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started