Inpatient Surgical Nurse Assistant
The posted compensation range of $14.77 - $19.75 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius Health for many years to come.
CHI St. Alexius Health is a regional health network with a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, the system also consists of critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington, Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St. Alexius Health manages four CAHs in North Dakota - Elgin, Linton, and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in Mobridge, S.D. CHI St. Alexius Health offers a comprehensive line of inpatient and outpatient medical services, including: a Level II Trauma Center, primary and specialty physician clinics, home health and hospice services, durable medical equipment services, a fitness and human performance center and ancillary services throughout western and central North Dakota.
CHI St. Alexius Health is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Free Membership to Care.com
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- 457(b) Retirement Program and Matching 403(b) Retirement Program
- Wellness Program
THIS POSITION WILL RECEIVE A $2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!!**
- Adheres to St. Alexius Medical Center mission, values, and Journey Beyond Excellence expectations to foster a compassionate, healing environment providing physiological, emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, families, and visitors.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to St. Alexius Medical Center policies, regulated by governing agency regulations
- Provides patients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assist with toileting and bathing.
- Provides for activities of daily living to include feeding, ambulating, and positioning patients.
- Maintains patient stability by checking vital signs, weight; and intake and output and reports concerns or changes to assigned nurse.
- Answers patients' call lights, addresses and maintains a safe clean environment.
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Successfully completes the defined job specific competencies, including competencies for age specific, as appropriate.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent work experience including ability to read, write, and comprehend medical terminology.
Licensure: Must be listed on a Nurse Assistant Registry operated by the North Dakota Board of Nursing, State Department and consolidated Laboratories by the North Dakota Board of Nursing, If not on a registry, then must obtain placement on one immediately following orientation and training by St. Alexius Medical Center as stated in the policy “Eligibility for Employment as Nurse Assistant”.
Experience: Preferred hospital experience, aide experience or satisfaction completion of certification/training program.
Skills: Able to organize assignments and work under pressure. Basic Life Support Certification within the orientation period and meets re-certification as required.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs