Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $42.52 - $61.91 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Hospitals have a history of caring for our community that goes back more than 100 years. We provide a broad range of medical and surgical services including minimally invasive and outpatient options. Our family of services includes the areas only inpatient oncology unit the Orthopedic Spine and Hand Center Family Birth Center the Lactation Support Center and retail store and many others. Mercy Hospital Downtown is a 194-bed facility located in downtown Bakersfield. Mercy Hospital Southwest is a 78-bed facility and the only hospital located in the rapidly growing area west of Highway 99. Mercy Hospital is a member of Dignity Health and is a trusted community partner serving residents of Bakersfield and Kern County with quality compassionate care since 1910. Learn more at https://www.dignityhealth.org/central-california/locations/mercy-bakersfield.#bakersfieldRN
10% Sign On Bonus for Eligible/Qualified/Experienced External Candidates with 1 year of unit specific experience
The registered nurse is responsible to take primary responsibility to assess plan implement and evaluate the nursing care of each assigned patient. Provide direct patient care. Supervise the activities of nursing staff members. Anticipate patients needs. Follow-up on all care related activities and assure all physician orders are accurately transcribed and carried out in a timely manner. Coordinate the plan of care. Conduct patient teaching specific to disease entity and home management. Actively participate in assuring care continuum. Collaborate with other nursing and ancillary services to assure seamless communication and uninterrupted patient care. Model leadership behaviors. Foster a spirit of collaboration and teamwork. Mentor peers and colleagues.
- CA RN license
- BLS (AHA required)
- NIHSS Stroke Certification
- PALS within 90 days of hire
- One year ED Experience
New Grad RNs must complete the additional certification (ACLS, NIHSS and PALS) for this position within 18 weeks of hire.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret hospital policies and procedures, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and procedures and document in the medical record. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, patients, physicians, family members and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as weights, dosages, flow rates, proportions, percentages and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must have ability to critically think and problem solve, read, write and speak English.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Emergency at Mercy Hospital Of Bakersfield?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started