See where a career in humankindness
can take you with our
2024 Nursing Internship Program
About the Program:
- Internships are available at 5 Omaha metro hospital campuses, 2 Lincoln area campuses, 1 Grand Island, and 1 Kearney.
- 8 weeks to complete 270 hours
- Work up to 36 hours per week alongside a designated preceptor
- Earn a rate of $19/hour
- At the end of the program, Interns will have the opportunity to stay on as a CHI Health employee in a PRN Student Nurse Tech position without having to go through the application/interview process again.
- CHI Health will cover the cost of tuition*. (additional fees may apply - check with your school to clarify your financial responsibility)
- Interns will receive 1 college credit from Creighton University or 3 credit hours from UNMC (Grand Island and Kearney programs)
- Students with graduation dates between December 2024 and spring/summer 2025 with exposure to clinical rotations by the start of the internship.
- BLS Certification from the American Heart Association
- Current listing on the Nurse Aide Registry of the state in which you work upon hire.
- Minimum cumulative of 3.0 GPA
- Current CHI Health Employees are encouraged to apply
- Students must be able to work the hours of the assigned preceptor, which could include day, night, or weekend shifts.
- Students just need to submit 1 application to be considered for all locations.
- Students will participate in an online course with the associated University to obtain college credit
Monday, December 18th, 2023 - Saturday, January 20th, 2024
May 12th, 2024-July 6th, 2024
Would you like to be notified when the application window opens?
Sign up below:
For questions, please contact:
Chelsea Ehlers DNP, RN, Clinical Practice Coordinator
402-717-1039 office / [email protected]