Dignity Health Woodland Memorial Hospital is Yolo County’s largest health care provider, serving the community since 1905. Woodland Memorial Hospital is a 108-bed acute care facility offering the most comprehensive range of health care services in Yolo County, including inpatient and outpatient surgical services, family birth center/labor and delivery, emergency services, home health services, palliative care, inpatient mental health services, sleep disorders center and cancer care services. With strong ties to our community, we believe in providing compassionate, high-quality health care to you and your family, close to home. Woodland Memorial Hospital is part of Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems with a 22-state network. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org/woodland.
The Laboratory Assistant performs all necessary ancillary services, which include registration, specimen collection and processing, testing of patient samples, and reporting of patient test results. The Laboratory Assistant will perform phlebotomy (limited to certain departments) and those functions which require only limited or no independent judgment and for which the person is qualified by education, training, and/or experience. The laboratory assistant will work under the supervision of the Laboratory Director, Manager, Supervisor, Night Shift Coordinator, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, or Cytotechnologist.
- A valid California Phlebotomy Certificate is required for all Laboratory Assistants whose responsibilities include phlebotomy.
- Knowledge of proper safe technique in the handling of hazardous materials and biological specimens; laboratory terminology; laboratory test requirements and specimen handling; blood collection and aseptic techniques; front desk and reception skills; Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and how it applies to patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to work as a team member to meet team goals and objectives; work effectively under multiple demands and adjust priorities as circumstances require to meet turnaround time goals and staffing needs of the department; maintain a high degree of accuracy and precision on consistent basis in the performance of laboratory procedures; treat co-workers, patients, visitors, and the public with dignity and respect; establish and maintain effective working relationships with all medical staff; maintain patient confidentiality; trouble shoot procedures and instrumentation and problem solve effectively; work a flexible schedule and be willing to work additional hours as needed for the provision of quality patient care; be willing to assist in other departments when the need arises.
- Frequently requires the full range of body motion including handling and assisting patients on and off of exam tables.
- Manual and finger dexterity and hand and eye coordination required.
- Must be able to respond quickly to emergency situations.
- Physically able to walk, stand, stoop and lift. Walks and stands approximately 80% of shift. Requires the ability to walk various distances several times per day. Visual and auditory acuity. Color blindness may limit the testing that may be performed.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.