Registered Respiratory Therapist
The posted compensation range of $21.80 - $31.62 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
*$10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS*
Provides care to those suffering from acute and chronic respiratory problems. This care includes treatment, management, control, and diagnostic evaluation of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities associated with the cardiopulmonary system.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administering therapy modalities which include, but are not limited to, Hand held Nebulizer (HHN), HHN via metered dose inhaler (HHN/MDI), Intrapulmonary Percussive Ventilation (IPV), Chest Physical Therapy (CPT), Pentamidine therapy. Medication administration may be included during these therapy modalities
2. Administering medical gas therapy including oxygen and Helium-Oxygen Therapy (HeO2).
3. Performing ventilation therapies, including maintenance and management of life support systems. These therapies are comprised of non-invasive and invasive ventilation therapies, as well as transport of ventilator patients to diagnostic procedures
4. Performs physiological monitoring and diagnostic testing including, ABG puncture, bronchoscopy assistance, pulmonary function testing, bedside PFT's, metabolic monitoring, apnea monitoring, transcutaneous monitoring, capnography, and pulse oximetry and sleep apnea assessment.
5. Performs specialized procedures which including but are not limited to, CPR, bronchial lavage, transport, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, artificial and tracheostomy airway care, and body mechanics/ambulation. Permanent or temporary assignment may be made to the Pulmonary Function Lab to perform diagnostic procedures to identify and quantify dysfunction by spirometry, gas diffusion, and body plethysmography.
6. Documenting all patient care accurately and completely in the required departmental documentation system.
7. Serve as resource to certified respiratory therapists, preceptor for new employees, and respiratory care students.
8. May serve as charge therapist in running the shift in absence of the supervisor.
9. Cleans and assembles equipment, and ensures supply stock levels to meet patient care commitments.
10. Educates and instructs patient, patient's family, and team members on therapeutic and diagnostic procedures to ensure excellent communication to all customers.
11. Participates in hospital/departmental quality projects that enhance their skills and patient care outcomes.
Education and Experience Required:
- Completion of respiratory care degree program
Licensure and Certifications Required:
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner by the State of Texas (RCP)
- Based on location assignment may also require BLS/ACLS/ and or PALS
*Please be advised that this location requires quarterly American Heart Association (AHA) Resuscitation Quality Improvement (RQI) competency certification post-hire. This ongoing competency is required through resources internal to the facility; outside RQI competency resources are not acceptable for CommonSpirit Health compliance requirements.
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid time off, tuition assistance, adoption assistance, and more!
Unless directed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement, applications for this position will be considered on a rolling basis. CommonSpirit Health cannot anticipate the date by which a successful candidate may be identified.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs