Emergency Room Nurse III
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
The posted compensation range of $28.50 - $43.46 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care through assessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning and implementing intervention and evaluating patient care outcomes. With the staff nurse's professional practice he/she Responsible for participating in and maintaining quality, cost effectiveness and guest relations. Provide patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures and the standards of professional nursing practice as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Assessment: Does admission and ongoing assessment of patient’s condition. Provides nursing care to meet the patient’s physical, psychological and spiritual needs. Notifies doctor of changes in assessment that require attention.
- Planning: Designs, directs, evaluates, and documents the plan of care, patient/family teaching and the transition of care plan to include a safe appropriate level of care discharge. Works with other clinical disciplines to meet specialized patient care and discharge needs. Formulates a plan of care and daily goals that takes into consideration the individualized needs of the patient.
- Implementation: Prepares patients physically, psychologically, and spiritually for treatments, surgeries and diagnostic studies to help reduce patient anxiety. Knows patients' conditions and reports significant changes to Charge Nurse/Team Leader, and/or physician. Implements patient safety initiative and protocols including medication safety practices, physician orders, consult notifications.
- Evaluation: Reassesses patients at appropriate intervals following interventions. Notifies physician as necessary to modify interventions. Adjusts nursing care to meet patient's emerging and changing needs.
- Report Skills: Gives and receives report using Bedside Shift Report including family participation. Provides an accurate and comprehensive report to the oncoming shift to help establish continuity of patient care. Receives report from off-going shift and delegates tasks as needed to provide continuity of care according to coworker's experience, abilities and the patient's acuity.
- Environment & Patient Safety: Maintains patient and work environment to maximize safe working space. Promptly removes all used and soiled equipment, linen, etc. to appropriate location. Incorporates national and organizational goals to improve quality, patient safety and satisfaction. Reports all patient safety and hazard concerns immediately.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Potential Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Emergency Room Nurse III at St Luke’s Health Memorial Hospital?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started