MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
Provides direct patient care prior to and during transport for all patient populations including neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric, guided by protocols.
- Ability to assess patients with medical conditions with findings reflected in the patient record.
- Prioritizes and anticipates patients’ needs and develops a plan of care.
- Implements interventions consistent with protocols and documents response to treatment.
- Provides ongoing evaluation, altering the treatment plan as needed. Documents findings and interventions.
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Checks medical equipment and supplies on a daily basis. Restocks and cleans unit after each mission.
- Knowledgeable in the use of radios and communication systems.
- Assists in the orientation of new EMT’s.
- Operates required vehicle(s) in a safe manner to perform required duties of the position.
- Participates in staffing special events as required
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma preferred or high school equivalency.
- Certified as an EMT in the State of Iowa.
- One year recent experience functioning as an EMT-B providing direct patient care preferred.
- Valid driver’s/Chauffeurs License required. Must meet Mercy’s Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, be at least 18 years of age, and be eligible to drive per Iowa state law.
- Basic Life Support certified within three months of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within 3 months of hire.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs