CT Technologist Lead
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20 additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000 physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
$15,000.00 Sign on Bonus
- Performs C.T. procedures on scheduled shifts including emergency callback and operates C.T. equipment.
- Provides care to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Provides patient/family or caregiver education and counseling in recognition and solution of physical, emotional, and environmental health problems.
- Maintains open and positive communication with staff, physicians, and other departments.
- Responsible for the orientation and evaluation of students to include: equipment, department and hospital policies, protocols, procedures and competencies.
- Presents a positive image to community and professional contacts.
- Promotes professionalism with the department, hospital, and community; acts as a role model.
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing all exams according to protocol. Maintains the physical environment of the department in a clean, well-stocked, orderly manner.
- Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner, reporting any malfunctions to manager/Bio-med.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of the C.T. Department with other areas of the department and hospital to insure and maintain patient care.
- Demonstrates proper phone etiquette and utilization of computers, including completion of exam data entry.
- Complies with OSHA/JCAHO and other regulatory agency recommendations and guidelines.
- Participates in department QA if necessary.
- Successful completion of an accredited two-year Radiologic Technology program.
- Maintains current Iowa Permit to Practice.
- Maintains active registry status in ARRT
- Two years’ experience at Mercy or three or more years’ experience as CT technologist
- Attainment of Computed Tomography subspecialty certification
- No disciplinary action in file (written notice or higher)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population serve
within three (3) months of hire
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs