RN Home Health & Hospice Weekend Nurse
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Department: Home Health and Hospice
- Hours/Pay Period: 48
REGISTERED NURSE - Home Health & Hospice...Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join CHI Home Health and Hospice. Experience the opportunity to provide compassionate, personalized care in the home. Our skilled staff improve lives by providing care for our patients wherever they call home. We are focused on caring for patients recovering from injuries, living with a chronic illness or a life-limiting illness, and other medical needs. In a position with CHI Health at Home, you will experience a role that comes with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility. Our home health and hospice team members thrive in this type of environment and genuinely enjoy getting to know the people they serve. We pride ourselves on the great culture and environment we have built to help our staff provide the best possible care to our clients and their families.
You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Valley City Health at Home provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
*This position is eligible for a sign on bonus*
The RN Home Health and Hospice Weekend Nurse plans, organizes and directs home health and hospice services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience on the weekend. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities. This will involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Completes an initial assessment of client and family to determine home health needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness. Regularly re-evaluates client nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as client status and needs change
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the client and the family in the planning process
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the client as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the client.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate client care for assigned caseload.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty days.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the client’s needs and reports any changes in the client’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided
- Responsible for taking after-hour nurse calls and performing nurse follow-up activities as needed
Non-essential Job Responsibilities
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Current valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of two years experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health or home health nursing preferred.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Home Health & Hospice Weekend Nurse at CHI Health Connect Home-Fargo?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started