RN Navigator - Health at Home Services
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Home Health and Hospice
- Hours/Pay Period: 80
Do you know the inner-workings of the hospital discharge process? Are you familiar with Home Health and Hospice? Are you a Care Coordination Guru?
We’re trying to get patients out of the hospital sooner. And we’ve found the secret to making it happen. Our Health at Home Navigator! Be a key contributor to getting patients home quicker to the right level of care, at the right time. As part of the CHI Franciscan Health Care Coordination team inside the hospital, the Home Health Navigator educates pre-identified, at-risk patients about home-based services, preparing patients and families for their journey home.
The Health at Home Navigator (HHN) has expert knowledge of geriatric home-based services, including home health, hospice and home infusion, and is an integral member of the hospital's health care team. The HHN will work with home-based service providers to increase the opportunity for timely discharge to home. Collaborate with physicians, Care Management, and other hospital team members to facilitate the discharge plan of care and enhance the quality of clinical outcomes while increasing patient satisfaction.
- The HHN works within the hospital and will guide patients through to care in the home upon discharge.
- Works with and alongside hospital partners to identify and prioritize patient populations who will benefit from post-acute services.
- Guides patients through and around barriers within the healthcare system.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce both financial and clinical risks to patients and families who have been discharged from the hospital.
- Acts as an active participant in multidisciplinary hospital/facility rounds as a patient advocate to ensure efficient continuity of care throughout the continuum.
- Collaborates with physicians and staff around care planning.
- Communicate pertinent care destination information and the home services candidates who were identified to the case manager and/or social worker.
- Maintains communication with patients, families, and health care providers to monitor patient satisfaction.
- Facilitates follow-up services with home services providers.
- Maintains documentation of coordination of home services.
- Active registered nurse (RN) license in state of practice
- Home Health and/or Hospice experience and/or knowledge is required.
- Combination of Acute and/or Post-Acute care delivery experience preferred.
- Knowledge of information technology to evaluate care effectiveness (care process, outcomes and cost).
- Must have strong organizational (time management) skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with nurses, physicians and skilled healthcare professionals.
- Ability to work autonomously within a matrix environment without direct supervision or support.
- completion of an accredited MSW Program and license as an MSW
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Navigator - Health at Home Services at CHI Franciscan Health at Home?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started