Home Care Medical Social Worker
CHI Franciscan Health at Home has provided home care and wellness services for many years. Their innovative services and specialty programs recognize the needs of each patient and promote the highest quality of life. Their goal is to ensure all services consistently exceed quality measures and the expectations of patients and referring physicians. CHI FranciscanHealth at Home’s quality care is provided through a team of registered nurses, social workers, companions, dieticians, aides and physical, occupational and speech therapists.
Do you like the idea of making a difference in someone's life? If you answer yes, keep scrolling!
CHI Franciscan Health at Home is recruiting for a part-time Medical Social Worker for our home care agency through the Tacoma, WA area. The ideal candidate for this role must have a masters and one year of experience. The Medical Social Work Coordinates care with other caregivers and the attending physicians to improve and/or maintain the social, emotional, functional and physical health status of the patient.
- Establishes a care plan in accordance to the physician’s plan of treatment. Provides crisis intervention as required.
- Reports changes in patient condition to appropriate personnel and the attending physician.
- Assists the physician and other caregivers in understanding the significant social, emotional and economic factors influencing the patient’s ability to improve medically.
- Provides patient care education to patient and caregivers.
- Assists in making appropriate community referrals to gain access to additional resources as needed. (i.e. applications for public assistance, housing problems, additional health care resources, transportation).
- Works with the patient’s caregivers to resolve problems interfering with an optimum caring relationship between the patient and caregiver.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the needs, customs and feelings of patient and caregivers.
- Participates in agency in-services, case conferences, discharge planning, summary reports, quarterly record review and annual program review.
Why join our amazing team?
- Competitive base pay and incentive bonus opportunity!
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Personal Days
- Inexpensive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance with different plans to choose from
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company paid Short term and Long term disability
- Company-paid Life insurance equal to 2x annual salary
- 401K Retirement Plan with employer contribution AND employer match!
- Masters degree from an accredited school approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Currently licensed/certified (if required) to practice in the state serviced.
- One year social work experience in a health care setting required. Home care experience preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain current CPR Certification
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.