CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
In this role, you will provide spiritual care to patients, families, and staff.
Essential Duties Include:
- Delivering direct spiritual care that is appropriate for the recipient’s spirituality, culture, religious preference and health status;
- Working closely with care managers, interdisciplinary care teams, social workers, nursing and medical staff to provide spiritual care insights;
- Completing required documentation;
- Providing direct spiritual consultation and spiritual and emotional support for staff experiencing work-related or personal stress, including being available for private conversations while respecting work schedules and locating private space for counseling;
- Collaborating with Clinical Pastoral Education students, volunteers, and local clergy to extend spiritual care services;
- Providing education and ethical consultation for patients, family, staff and volunteers; and
- Adhering to and exhibiting CHI Franciscan Health’s Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
As a Chaplain, you will most likely be assigned to service with specific service lines, however, may be temporarily assigned or reassigned at management's discretion.
Incumbents must meet the educational requirements of the National Accreditation of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE), or National Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC) that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge, skills and abilities. (Note: Each certifying body requires a unique Master’s degree; please refer to the specific association for most current requirements).
Currently certified as a Chaplain (by NACC, APC, APCE, NAJC, or equivalent certification).
Ecclesiastical endorsement is required.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.