ITD Senior Project Manager
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Job Summary / Purpose
The ITD Senior Project Manager is accountable for the project objectives that drive transformation, customer experience, and other activities as assigned.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible to define areas including resource allocations, influencing sponsors and managing work prioritization. They play an active role in making decisions involving human resources, technical and financial resources necessary to implement change for high impact environments. They design processes and structures to support CommonSpirit Health enterprise wide change.
The Senior Project Manager is expected to work autonomously and have minimal interaction with HR/Project Leader with regards to program management methodology. Through collaboration, demonstrate team leadership while focusing on items that will have project outcome implications other than expected.
The Senior Project Manager is a contributor of early engagement, project gap analysis and operational change management. Will include innovation project lifecycle delivery, promoting successful relationship management and customer adoption. They are expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of the project management lifecycle methodology. They are assigned to medium or large projects. Will be assigned to multiple projects, with rare exceptions and can be assigned as a contributor PM on programs.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
- Key resource for the PMO encompassing the development of relationships between IT and the organizations multiple customer constituencies including: patients, consumers, providers, clinical staff, administrators, and employees across CommonSpirit Health.
- This position is vital to the organizations efficient operation in terms of well-managed systems that will ensure the financial success and ability to cope with the pressures of shrinking revenues, and our market strategy to grow and expand into the future.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining channels of communication between business, IT and other relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible to develop project plans which identify key issues, problems, approaches, performance metrics, communication plan, resources required and ensuring deliverables of the ITD initiatives.
- Responsible for the supervision of the project resources required to deliver each task (i.e. key areas could include: Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Design Engineers, CyberSecurity, QACC, etc.)
- Responsible for managing all aspects of project from planning, design, development/implementation, testing, training, deployment, customer adoption and operation turnover of the ITD initiatives.
- Tracks assigned budget and resources for each project. Prepares cost estimates and cost recommendations. Monitors expenditures.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, financial stewardship by being accountable for the financial integrity around development and maintenance of project budget.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Retirement Program, Disability Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Discount Programs, Life Insurance Plans, Worker Compensation, Dress for Your Day Policy, Voluntary
Compensation Range:$46.96to $61.05, hourly rates, annualized. Depending upon geographic pay area.
Position is eligible for incentive pay based on company performance.
The job summary and responsibilities listed above are designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed within this job. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Related Field (preferred) or Equivalent Professional Experience
- Five plus (5+ ) years of Project Management experience.
- One to three (1-3) years Agile experience strongly preferred.
- Project Management experience in a Health care environment preferred.
- Five (5) years with strong functional understanding of hospital, clinic, and billing operations preferred
- Multi-hospital and large project management experience preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification preferred
- Scrum/Agile certification preferred
Required Minimum Skills and Knowledge
- Possess thorough understanding of Healthcare Business and Care Delivery processes strongly desired
- Possess strong understanding of digital technology, clinical information systems, and how clinical information is integrated into the patient, consumer, and provider digital experience
- Experience in Project Management methodologies and tool sets – waterfall/agile/scrum, planning, issue escalation, problem resolution, conflict and collision management, metrics and reporting, communications, etc. strongly desired.
- Ability to manage business sponsor relationships, and navigate political landscape
- Understanding of Finance and Accounting principles in relation to project budgets, purchasing and analysis of financial results
- Negotiation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Communication for results
- Decisiveness/Ability to make a quick assessment of the scope of an issue and provide options for its closure
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.