Sterile Processing Tech II
The Woodlands Hospital a primary and secondary care hospital serving North Harris and Montgomery counties. Clinical services include cardiovascular services, diagnostic imaging, women’s services (digital mammography and bone density studies), neurosciences, pediatric care (Newborn and Level II nurseries) and surgery, pathology and pulmonary services, and sleep disorders. Clinical affiliations include The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center’s Radiation Treatment Center, and Texas Children’s Hospital.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Assists in patient care and preparation of surgical patients; Performs scrub duties and related procedures; Accountable for ensuring cleaning and maintenance of supplies and equipment for selected specialty. Performs in the advanced roles of preceptor, service specialist and instrument room liaison.
- Troubleshoots equipment within Department
- Prepare work area at beginning of shift.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area at all times. Participates in routine cleaning activities (i.e. sterilizers, surface areas, storage carts, etc.)
- Transports and decontaminates all soiled instrumentation and equipment to a state of cleanliness, disinfection and disposes of all infectious items according to established procedures
- Maintains customer focuses and service responsiveness by answering incoming calls in a timely manner and responding immediately to emergency requests
- Assures accuracy in the assembly and packaging of all necessary instrumentation, special trays and equipment for sterilization. Inspects and lubricates all instruments according to manufacture recommendations to insure cleanliness and proper working order
- Performs all steam, sterrad, and ethylene oxide sterilization activities insuring cycle and documentation accuracy
- Labels, incubates, logs, and documents all biological indicators in a timely manner. Also, reads and reports issues with biological indicators immediately to Charge Personnel
- Operates all department equipment according to manufacture recommendations
- Follows established policies and procedures in the performance of all work activities in compliance with Departmental and regulatory agency requirements
High School Diploma/GED Required
More than one (1) year of experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Instrument and Sterilization Processing Knowledge
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs