Nurse Labor and Delivery
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: PRN
- Department: Womens and Childrens Services
- Hours/Pay Period: .01
CHI St. Luke’s Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has been serving our community since 1954. We proudly provide a vast array of services that help us keep our community safe and healthy.
The Woodlands Hospital a primary and secondary care hospital serving North Harris and Montgomery counties. Clinical services include cardiovascular services, diagnostic imaging, women’s services (digital mammography and bone density studies), neurosciences, pediatric care (Newborn and Level II nurseries) and surgery, pathology and pulmonary services, and sleep disorders. Clinical affiliations include The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center’s Radiation Treatment Center, and Texas Children’s Hospital.
Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring, and our families need protection. With our combined resources, we are committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community. This role will allow you to give back to our community and broaden your healthcare skills.
We want our patients to be care for with respect and compassion. Our Nursing Team is a vital part of our patient’s success to recovery.
Do you have excellent follow-through skills? Are you organized and able to multi-task? Do you love caring for people? Would you like to work in a place that values your skills? Did you know we are an academic teaching facility? We have a team of people waiting for you.
If you are compassionate about healthcare and would like to impact patients every day, connect with CHI St. Luke’s Health today to experience what it is like to collaborate with a talented healthcare team!
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Vacation, Personal Days and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
- Provide a variety of routine tasks and direct patient care to support our patients and our clinical teams.
- Answer call lights and unit phone to assist with questions and concerns from patients and family members.
- Communicate, monitor and document pertinent patient information
- Assist with admission, transfers, transporting, lifting, and discharge of patients
- Make rounds and respond promptly to patients, families, and clinical team requests.
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Assist in organization, cleaning, and safety of the unit and patient rooms
Flex Team II Shift Requirments:
•2 or more years of recent hospital RN experience in specialty area
•6 12-hour shifts per month
•1 Saturday & 1 Sunday shift per month
•1 summer & 1 winter holiday per year
•Must float to multiple patient units
- Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma
- Bachelors in Nursing Preferred
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- BLS with skills demonstration
One (1) year of RN L&D experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective Communication
- Knowledge of the principles and skills of the nursing process to provide patient care and treatment.
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Basic Computer skills – familiarity with Windows based software programs.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Nurse Labor and Delivery at St Luke's Health - The Woodlands Campus?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started