Environmental Svcs Tech
CHI St. Luke’s Health now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health has been serving our community since 1954. We proudly provide a vast array of services that help us keep our community safe and healthy.
Maintains the Hospital’s environment to be clean, safe and germ free. Displays image of the Hospital by demonstrating courteous and professional behavior towards patients, physicians, visitors, volunteers and other employees.
• Follows infection control practices and safety practices in all activities.
• Activities include: cleaning floors; damp dusting furniture and fixtures; making and cleaning patient beds; cleaning and emptying ash urns and waste receptacles; washing windows, walls, ceilings, vents and lights; changing light bulbs; performing non-routine floor care duties (buffing, shampooing, etc.); inspecting and replace curtains and cubicles; checking and stocking soap and paper supplies; hauling out trash; moving furniture; and using various cleaning equipment, carts and products.
• Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
• Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
• Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
• Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Education and Licensure
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Requires self-discipline to perform work specifically assigned.
• Requires a display of personal attitude, courtesy and appearance for others to look favorably on the institution (much contact with public).
• Requires understanding of either verbal or written communications and instructions. Must be able to interpret written warnings as posted on doorways and chemicals. Requires use of judgment making decisions adherent to standards.
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
• Requires continuous contact with cleaning solutions.
• Requires a normal, responsive relationship indicating sensitivity to other people. Must maintain as confidential any information accidentally gained in the process of working. Must demonstrate the ability to cooperate with others
Adequate conversational English is required to take direction from management, understand how to complete job tasks, communicate adequately with patients and co-workers as necessary, understand and follow safety guidelines, and understand the Associate Handbook and all hospital policies.
Must have the ability to understand a variety of instructions and deliver successful results.
Sitting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, reaching, stooping – up to 30% of time
Standing, walking, grasping, repetitive movements – more than 50% of time
Twisting and bending – 30% - 50% of time
Lifting up to 100 lbs – up to 30% of time
Carrying up to 50 lbs – up to 30% of time
Exposure of radiation and chemicals – up to 30% of time
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs