The posted compensation range of $44.73 - $64.85 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
Clinical Pharmacist NICU and Adult Pharmacy Med/Surg
As our Clinical Pharmacist at St. Luke's Health - Woodlands Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health, you'll help our doctors and nurses safely prescribe and dispense medications to help our patients feel better and recover from their illness or injury.
You'll build trust in these interactions by reviewing every prescription in your queue. We never rely entirely on the computer to check for safety; we always use an expert for the final check. That’s you. You'll review prescriptions for potential drug interactions, correct dosing, patient allergies or anything that looks unusual in your opinion.
To excel in this role, you must enjoy learning new concepts and researching information in real-time to provide solutions for our patients. You should also continually look for ways to go above and beyond for your patients, delivering an exceptional experience along with exceptional care.
The Woodlands Hospital a primary and secondary care hospital serving North Harris and Montgomery counties. Clinical services include cardiovascular services, diagnostic imaging, women’s services, neurosciences, pediatric care and surgery, pathology and pulmonary services, and sleep disorders.
While you’re busy impacting the healthcare industry, we’ll take care of you with benefits that include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance and more!
THIS JOB OFFERS RELOCATION:
We are offering relocation up to 10K to new hires who meet the eligibility requirements.
- Review prescriptions in queue for safety and accuracy. Check patient’s medical history to ensure any medications prescribed will be safe and effective. Make recommendations if you see an error or know another medication would be better.
- Consults with and advises medical, nursing, and other healthcare providers regarding the prescribing, dispensing, or administration of pharmaceuticals
- Routinely monitors the patient’s total drug therapy for effectiveness, side effects, adverse reactions, toxicities, drug interactions, and incompatibilities
- Conducts assigned target drug monitoring programs and concurrent drug use evaluation activities as required
- Performs and documents Pharmacist Intervention activities such as recommendations on drug product selection, dosage adjustments, and appropriate drug therapy
- Provide CommonSpirit’s level of exceptional service to all patients or nurses filling orders.
- Participates actively in cardiopulmonary emergencies.
- Registered Pharmacist with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy in good standing (RPH)
- Aseptic Technique – Complete an ACPE approved 20 hour sterile
products course within 90 days of hire
- BCPS or BCCCP Certification
- Doctor of Pharmacy or other advanced degree
- Completion of ASHP accredited PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency.
- Completion of PGY-2 Specialty Pharmacy Residency/Fellowship
- Clinical pharmacy experience (2-4 years) in a hospital setting preferred (required if no PGY-2 residency).
- Knowledge of contemporary hospital/clinical practice and service
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs