Clinical Pharmacist I
As ourClinical PharmacistatSt. Luke’s Health - LakesideHospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health, you'll help our doctors and nurses safely prescribe and dispense medications to help our patients feel better and recover from their illness or injury.
You'll build trust in these interactions by reviewing every prescription in your queue. We never rely entirely on the computer to check for safety; we always use an expert for the final check. That’s you. You'll review prescriptions for potential drug interactions, correct dosing, patient allergies or anything that looks unusual in your opinion.
To excel in this role, you must enjoy learning new concepts and researching information in real-time to provide solutions for our patients. You should also continually look for ways to go above and beyond for your patients, delivering an exceptional experience along with exceptional care.
The Lakeside Hospital a collaboration between CHI St. Luke’s Health and a team of specialized physicians— focused on cardiology and interventional cardiology, sports medicine, orthopedics, including total joint replacement, and spine care—in The Woodlands community. As the only hospital in Montgomery County to offer sports medicine as a major service line, Lakeside Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient care including diagnostic imaging, including MRI, CT and nuclear medicine.
This is a PRN position working various shift maybe Mon - Friday 7:00AM- 7:00PM.
- Review prescriptions in queue for safety and accuracy. Check patient’s medical history to ensure any medications prescribed will be safe and effective. Make recommendations if you see an error or know another medication would be better.
- Consults with and advises medical, nursing, and other healthcare providers regarding the prescribing, dispensing, or administration of pharmaceuticals
- Routinely monitors the patient’s total drug therapy for effectiveness, side effects, adverse reactions, toxicities, drug interactions, and incompatibilities
- Conducts assigned target drug monitoring programs and concurrent drug use evaluation activities as required
- Performs and documents Pharmacist Intervention activities such as recommendations on drug product selection, dosage adjustments, and appropriate drug therapy
- Provide CommonSpirit’s level of exceptional service to all patients or nurses filling orders.
- Participates actively in cardiopulmonary emergencies.
- Registered Pharmacist with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy in good standing (RPH)
- Aseptic Technique – Complete an ACPE approved 20 hour sterile
products course within 90 days of hire
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs