Certified Medical Assistant
The posted compensation range of $15.56 - $21.40 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Under the direction of the health care provider the Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all patients. Accurately preforms preliminary physical tests such as: measures blood pressure records weight temperature pulse and respirations and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols.
• Perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
• Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to blood pressure temperature pulse respiration height weight drug allergies and current medications and presenting problem.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
• Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral injection topically rectal ophthalmic and/or inhalant administration.
• May perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG’s.
• Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
• Prepare clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
• Document patient plan(s) of care tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
• Escalate non-routine issues questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
• Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
• Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
• Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager MA Lead or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
Education and Licensure
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Current/valid Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification required or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) required if applicable.
• Successfully completed Medication Aide 40-hour course or current/valid Medication Aide certification by state agency required if applicable
• Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required
• 1 year of experience preferred
Minimum Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Ability to perform EKGs draw blood and administer injections.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrated knowledge of examination diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Through knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive caring attitude towards patients.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in position.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs