RN Residency Emergency
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: Emergency Services
- Hours/Pay Period: 72
$20,000 Sign On Bonus for Experienced RN's with at least 1 year of Emergency Room experience (prorated by FTE- min 0.6 FTE required) . Must be new to VMFH. 2yr Commmitment. Lump sum payment within 30 days of start)
Up to $25,000 in Education Loan Forgiveness for qualifying loans
Up to a $20,000 RN Residency Completion Bonus for qualifying RN Residents
Relocation Assistance for experienced RNs
We're proud to share that St Joseph Medical Center was recognized among the Best Hospitals in Washington state by U.S. News & World Report. 103 hospitals in Washington were evaluated and 14 met the high standards to be ranked among the best.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
What We Have To Offer To You
- The opportunity to work as a member of a great team that treats a variety of patients, including trauma center, stroke center and cardiac center patients
- Faith-based culture where we value positive team players
- Collaborative scheduling
- 8, 10 and 12-hour shift options
- No on-call time required
- Financial support for specialty certifications
- Tuition assistance for advanced degrees
- Competitive wages, incentives and a generous employee benefits program
This position is responsible for providing care for the emergency patients presenting with a wide variety of medical conditions across all populations.
- Previous E.D. experience current within the last 2 years preferred, OR
- Critical care experience, current within the last 2 years preferred, OR
- New graduate or RNs without E.D. or Critical Care experience AND successful completion of the E.D. residency program
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification within sixty days of hire, and maintained as current thereafter
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare BLS Certification
- Completion of a NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Provider) class is required at sites that do not provide labor and delivery services within twelve months of date of hire and must be maintained as current thereafter.
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) within twelve months of date of hire. Certification must be maintained as current thereafter
- National Institutes of Health Strokes Scale (NIHSS) certification within six months of date of hire, and maintained as current thereafter
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification (ENPC) OR Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within twelve months of date of hire Certification(s) must be maintained as current thereafter
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and/or Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Residency Emergency at St Joseph Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started