Physician Contract Administrative Coordinator
In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
This job is responsible for reviewing, validating, processing, and tracking physician and provider compensation in accordance with established contractual agreements and for serving as a key resource for physician/provider compensation data and contract maintenance. Work involves the application of technical expertise with respect to the automated timekeeping system (Kronos), Lawson Payroll system (to complete pay processing for time entry) and HR/Payroll Connect (process flows and reporting capabilities).
Work also includes: 1) preparing approval documents for new providers/renewals and submitting to CHI’s Medical Group Leadership Council (MGLC) and corporate counsel for review, 2) auditing and identifying variances/deficiencies and escalating issues to appropriate party in accordance with established procedures, 3) providing physician, financial and payroll reporting and analysis, 4) maintaining internal databases and related tools/materials and determining appropriate data sources/format in responding to HRIS provider data/report requests; 5) monitoring/updating position maintenance in HRIS, and 6) providing support to physician recruiters in researching contract issues and responding the questions that may arise during contract negotiations with physicians.
An incumbent applies knowledge of pay rules, internal legal policies, laws and regulations and must demonstrate the ability to accurately research/interpret clinician employment agreements, identify/resolve inaccuracies or anomalies in the data (within a defined procedure or regulation) and escalate through appropriate channels for completion. Work requires expertise in complex contractual and compensation calculations applicable to clinician pay and financial analysis. Judgment is exercised in responding to managers, senior leadership and clinicians regarding compliance according to established policy and guidelines and provisions related to employment agreements
Essential Job Duties:
Reviews Physician/Provider compensation calculations, recommendations and analysis based on current or proposed contract provisions to include multiple compensation models, special provisions, stipends, and bonus program payouts.
- Submits to CHI/payroll for payout, when approved.
- Identifies variances/deficiencies in pay and escalates with CHI HR/Payroll support center as needed.
- Researches and resolves escalated and complex payroll questions and issues.
- Communicates results to clinicians and leadership, serving as a key resource for additional questions or requested further analysis or data gathering.
Ensures compliance with Physician/Provider contract terms regarding compensation and special provisions through continual review, monitoring, and tracking of data.
- Creates, updates and maintains tracking mechanisms to capture all contract provisions.
- Reviews each letter and corresponding contract to identify nuances that will impact the processing of physician’s pay calculations.
- Communicates data, terms and special provisions to senior leadership or HR to assist in facilitating renewals and/or amendments.
Audits contracts for compliance, consistency, outliers and special provisions.
- Monitors Meditract databases to identify expiring contracts within established deadlines.
- Audits contracts against checklists submitted to ensure it states what was intended.
- Responsible for internal CHI/CHI-FH audits; works directly with auditors to provide research, data on contract terms and payments. Provides recommendations on applicable action plans associated with audits.
- Responsible for compliance with internal policies and external legal regulations in relation to clinician employment and professional service agreements.
Researches/prepares and supports the approval process relating to physician/provider employment under the oversight of CHI’s Medical Group Leadership Council (MGLC); collaborates with CHI-FH legal counsel to prepare physician employment agreements, CHI MGLC checklists, PTRC (Physician Transaction Review Committee) and other contract-related materials.
- Searches/identifies the best sources for data based on past practice; collects and evaluates data from multiple sources to prepare required documents (e.g. Physician Contract Initiation, Review and Approval Checklist).
- Prepares materials used to populate checklists; compares the data in offer letters, PAD team forms, business plan documents, contracts, etc. and brings forward recommendations for resolution.
- Prepares and completes the Physician Contract Initiation, Review and Approval Checklist (“Checklist”) pursuant to CHI Physician Compensation Standards and Procedures newly hired or acquired physicians.
- Prepares and completes the Checklists for physicians who are renewing their agreements or who are transitioning to the FMG productivity model.
- Reviews and analyzes financial and productivity data to prepare compensation recommendations for changes, renewals and new hire terms.
- Finalize and ensure the proper execution of the Physician Employment Agreements and disseminate the final documents to appropriate personnel for entry into Meditract.
Enters HRIS position creation/maintenance data to ensure codes are set up correctly for new physician/provider position; prepares financial, physician/provider compensation, regulatory and new hire reports;.
- Extracts payroll data for salary/benefits surveys; creates queries, gathers data, runs reports and compiles information for later retrieval when requested.
- Processes special requests related to payroll and physician/provider compensation reports.
- Assists with compiling regulatory reporting, such as J-1 and H1-B Visa Semi-Annual Reporting.
- Partners with finance to develop and publish standard reports related to physician/provider compensation.
Provides guidance to physicians/providers/HR regarding contract provisions/compensation, policy/procedure compliance and related issues.
- Reviews/compares different inputs (offer letters, cover forms, Meditract forms, and contracts) to ensure all appropriate steps were taken in the process.
- Works in conjunction with legal, compliance and human resources staff to ensure policies are followed; notifies management of recommendations to rectify matters of non-compliance, gaps of timeliness and accuracy.
Participates in continual quality assessment and improved processes development for assigned function.
- Provides recommendations for opportunities to improve, streamline and refine processes.
- Recommends solutions and changes where appropriate.
- Research and recommend best practices or new procedures related to the contracting process.
Performs related duties as required.
Five years of directly applicable work experience preferably in a healthcare setting that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs