In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Sign on Bonus for experienced ICU RN External Candidates
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
Franciscan Medical Group, as a part of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, is currently seeking a full-time HIM Rep for the fast-paced Franciscan Health Information Management team in Tacoma. Strong collaborative team environment with flexible work schedules. No weekends or organizationally recognized holidays required.
Performs duties related to the receipt, intake, scanning, indexing, quality control, retrieval, delivery and transfer of patient health and administrative information using an electronic medical records system.
- Scans and indexes medical records into electronic medical records (EMR) system according to established policies and procedures, including accurately entering, directing, and handling patient messaging in EMR.
- Maintains electronic-based medical records and other correspondence according to policy, including faxing, receiving and mailing medical records in accordance with HIPAA and other privacy guidelines; maintains organization of information center and physical charts.
- Accesses/monitors EMR work queue to resolve outstanding matters such as; error correction, chart retrieval, release of information and other health information functions.
- Conducts routine quality audits of scanned and indexed documents to identify discrepancies to the FMG scanning matrix.
- Produces routine system reports demonstrating compliance with required quality metrics.
Education/ Work Experience:
- One (1) year work experience in healthcare or office setting required.
- Completion of medical record technology program or medical terminology and basic computer application courses preferred.
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs