Family Birth Center Care Assistant-Health Unit Coordinator
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Department: Family Birth Center
- Hours/Pay Period: 60
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following additional benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
**$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE!**
This job is responsible for assisting with patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse; performs data entry, unit secretarial functions, and equipment processing.
- Provides patient personal care/hygiene and physical comfort, including feeding, bathing, shaving, changing clothes, bed making, ambulation, lifting, turning, moving, transferring, skin care and bowel/bladder elimination. Provides such additional care as required to meet the personal primary needs and comfort of assigned patient based on skill, ability, limitations of scope of practice and patient acuity. Prepares patient, equipment and supplies for specific procedures/examinations.
- Performs, monitors, reports and documents all clinical activities within scope of practice. Observes and reports changes in patient condition to the RN. Obtains labels and transports a variety of samples (e.g. urine, stool, sputum specimens and blood products). Provides patient information to nursing staff for inclusion in the interdisciplinary plan of care; documents relevant patient data in accordance with work unit standards.
- Assists nursing staff in the admission, discharge and transfer of patient by performing activities such as inventory/storing patient belongings, providing patient with relevant personal care/comfort items, orienting patient/family and transporting patient to room or other location using wheelchairs, stretchers or patient bed.
- Maintains a neat and organized work environment. Orders, stocks and replenishes supplies and equipment as necessary, identifies and reports problems with supplies or equipment; enters equipment repair request in system, tags equipment and removes from service.
- Maintains a safe work and patient environment, adhering to the hospital’s Safety, Risk Management, Regulatory Standards and infection prevention.
- Performs receptionist and support duties at the assigned unit; handles incoming and outgoing communications, transfers calls appropriately, greets and assists visitors, answers questions in accordance with established procedures.
- Provides general support activities for the unit.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of an accredited Nursing Assistant program (or military medical specialty training).
- Six months related work experience preferred.
- Experience in a hospital setting preferred
- Prefer experience in a specialty unit.
- Preference is given toward applicants with experience as both a Certified Nursing Assistant and Unit Coordinator.
Licensure & Certification:
- Must be licensed by the Washington State Nursing Commission as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Current healthcare provider BLS certification is required.
**Sign-On Bonus paid in lump sum within 30 days of hire. Eligible candidate may not be a current employee of Virginia Mason Francican Health, nor previously FTE-employed with VMFH within the last 12 months. Minimum of 0.6 FTE required, and total amount paid is prorated to the FTE. Requires a 1-year commitment.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with holistic, personalized care for the body, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - then you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful Family Birth Center Care Assistant-Health Unit Coordinator at St Joseph Medical Center?
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started