In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
This role is responsible for designing, configuring, building, testing, implementing, documenting and maintaining software application changes for Virginia Mason Franciscan Health’s Electronic Record System (e.g. Epic) that align with current workflows, processes and procedures and are compliant with applicable regulatory requirements. An incumbent is assigned responsibility for a specific Epic application(s), and works to optimize workflow processes through building applications that are tailored to meet the needs of the organization.
Essential Job Duties:
- Consults with management, key system users and other stakeholders to identify/document operational needs and develop/define appropriate technological solutions for improved system integration, efficiency and functionality leading to improved patient care.
- Designs, develops, configures/writes, tests, implements, upgrades, documents and maintains/supports the assigned Epic application(s) consistent with project plan(s), technical specifications and the operational needs of the organization; works collaboratively with other IT/technology group members and end users to ensure optimal application functionality; follows established security protocols in the execution of all activities in order ensure the safety of information system assets, processes and data.
- Develops effective relationships with CHI IT, vendors and/or service providers to establish timely and effective lines of communication and to maximize system development/enhancement efforts.
- Instructs and/or educates users on current and future functionality of the assigned application(s).
- Performs related duties as required.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare-related field, Information Technology, Business Administration or other related field, and three years of directly related work experience, preferably in a healthcare environment, that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Preferred: 3+ years of experience with SQL and/or SSRS reporting tools.
Current Epic Certification is required.