Division VP, Chief Information Officer
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The VP and Divisional Chief Information Officer (DCIO) will directly report to the SVP of Division Health Technologies. This role is the main interface between Technology & Digital (TD) and the Division Executive Team to ensure that Technology & Digital is a source of competitive advantage in their Division. As a key member of both the Technology & Digital and Division Executive team, the DCIO will be the customer facing role and key TD interface to their Division Business Partners. This leader works in a matrix model with key national TD leaders to deliver Technology & Digital solutions that provide efficient, reliable, scalable and secure applications and processes in their Division.
The DCIO will proactively manage all activities related to delivery and operations of infrastructure, application and digital services in their hospital, ambulatory and other care sites. This individual will work in a highly matrixed structure to achieve this. They will collaborate with Division and National leaders to ensure delivery of exceptional customer experience.
- Under the direction of the CIDO and in collaboration with the SVP of Digital Health Technologies the DCIO will lead the strategy development for the Divisions top Technology & Digital needs.
- Develops, coordinates, guides and executes TD systems and operational plans, participating proactively with the division and facility management to optimize the use of technology and digital in support of the clinical/patient-focused mission and business strategy.
- Drives consumer focused integrated care by leading the development and implementation of Division initiatives that improve cost effectiveness, healthcare service quality and business development opportunities.
- Demonstrate effective financial stewardship by fostering utilization of CommonSpirit standard solutions and ensures that division solutions and initiatives are not in conflict with CommonSpirit enterprise solutions, processes, standards and policies.
- Deliver efficient, reliable, scalable, and secure TD infrastructure and applications, processes and operations required to operate, sustain and grow the business with a keen focus on managing costs.
- Partner with leadership across the Ministry to support the vision, mission, values and related business goals and objectives of CommonSpirit Health.
- Ensure seamless value delivery by evangelizing, owning and driving digital, application and infrastructure enterprise and local initiatives.
- In partnership ship with national delivery leadership the DCIO develops and maintains an appropriate organizational structure and staffing capable of supporting the business and operational needs of the facilities within the division.
- Demonstrate effective financial stewardship by developing and contributing to annual capital and operating budgets for division TD operations and the division strategic roadmap.
- Oversees the ongoing development, delivery and operations of the products and services roadmap.
- Monitors TD activities and costs related to the utilization of resources required to meet programmatic operational requirements
- Create one inspired team by proactively fostering commitment to one cohesive TD team and CommonSpirit ministry
- Create a TD culture obsessed about the consumer, experimentation, empowerment and agility while ensuring that the TD organization is keenly focused on providing an exceptional employee and consumer experience.
- Drives consumer focused integrated care by bringing the Division, Customer and Operations perspective and in partnership with TD, Digital and business partners ensure Divisional requirements are addressed in all division TD strategies.
- Proactively partners with national service delivery leaders to manage the local TD environment according to negotiated and established service levels and in accordance with enterprise standards and guidelines.
- Proactively partners with national service delivery leaders to ensure that the division and facility technology environment is continually refreshed and capable of supporting the business and health care operations.
- Ensures standardization of systems and processes within the division to maximize utilization, cost reduction and reporting.
- Ensures that enterprise Technology & Digital operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, and legal requirements. Enforces policy and procedures to ensure the protection of enterprise TD assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information. Develops and maintains a division wide business recovery plan.
- Maintains contact with TD suppliers and maintains knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels.
- Demonstrates effective financial stewardship by evaluatinig alternatives, performs cost benefit analysis, and recommends solutions within corporate policies and standards.
- Serves as division agent assigned to negotiate division-specific TD contracts, mediate contractual disputes and complete amendments to core agreements.
- Engage in transformation to an Agile and Product driven planning and deployment cycle which results in continuous delivery of high-quality products and services on time and within budget.
Master's degree with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field is strongly preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The VP and Divisional Chief Information Officer will be a seasoned technology leader with 10+ years of experience in executive TD Leadership in a healthcare environment. He/she will have a deep understanding of a broad range of technologies and the mastery of applying technology to deliver differentiated value to CommonSpirit’s consumers, patients, physicians, clinicians and employees.
In addition, the candidate will have:
- A verifiable track record of building strong, productive relationships between Technology & Digital teams and the business
- A data driven mindset (i.e. informed and influenced by data & metrics)
- A mindset of operational and delivery excellence with a strong commitment to quality, and the safety of patients, clinicians and employees
- Exceptional oral, written, public and interpersonal communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to frame complex issues and persuade a wide and diverse audience.
- Has worked and led effectively in a matrix environment; is comfortable leading thru influence without authority.
The VP DCIO must be a highly driven, hands-on executive with a natural inclination for leading change. This individual will have a people-centric leadership style with focus on partnering and be capable of influencing through data and relationships. This VP will possess intellectual curiosity, an open and transparent communication style, a very engaging personality and a penchant for working hard.
In addition, the candidate must have:
- A high level of energy
- Agility and the flexibility to adapt
- An objective and decisive mindset
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and change
- Respect and compassion for diverse perspectives, experience and backgrounds
- A collaborative style
- Tenacity and resolve
- A relentless quest for personal excellence
- Uncompromising integrity
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs