RN Clinic Gastro Pre-Admit
Partnering for a stronger, healthier world.
At CommonSpirit Health, we believe in the healing power of humanity. We invite you to explore our specialty areas and pursue a career in humankindness.
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Department: Digestive Health
- Hours/Pay Period: 64
Up to a $5,000 Sign on Bonus for qualifying new external Clinic RNs
- Lump sum payment within 30 days of start date
- 2 year commitment
- Bonus amount prorated by FTE (min 0.6 FTE required)
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following additional benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
Franciscan Medical Group, as part of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, is currently seeking a 0.8 FTE Clinic RN Gastro Preadmit for the Franciscan Digestive Care Clinic in Tacoma. This position is in our GI Pre-Admit department and consists of completing patient assessments, reviewing health history and medications/allergies and explaining preps to patients for GI procedures. Team-based environment and no weekends or organizationally recognized holidays required.
This job is responsible for providing professional nursing services which focus on the provision of quality patient care in a clinic setting consistent with CHI Franciscan Health (CHI-FH) standards/values, applicable regulatory requirements and Franciscan Medical Group (FMG) Scope of Practice policy. An incumbent is engaged in direct care of clinic patients, including assessing, coordinating, triaging, evaluating and delegating work to members of the patient care team, and for providing education and consultation with patients, families, physicians and other staff members in implementing appropriate nursing interventions for optimal patient care.
Work is performed under standards of safety and care that provide instruction/guidance for taking care of issues and patient needs in the absence of a physician/provider. Work requires the application of judgment and critical thinking skills in making decisions regarding patient care (within the scope of practice), including knowledge and integration of available standards, resources and data, and in the efficient utilization of staff/resources. Work involves continuous contact with physicians/providers, patients, patient families, community agencies, patient care staff and management. An incumbent is accountable for the quality of care provided to patients, and has the authority to direct care, provide education, and delegate appropriate tasks.
- Delivers professional nursing care to clinic patients; performs diagnostic testing and related clinical procedures to appropriate level of training/scope of licensure and established procedures; independently triages nursing situations in accordance with standing orders/protocols; addresses more complex, urgent or emergent situations escalated from other clinic staff.
- Administers patient medications per written provider order; tracks and logs medication usage per established policies; inventories counts of controlled substances.
- Assists with point of care testing (CLIA-Waived Tests only)/lab tests following established protocols/instructions.
- Documents procedures and interactions in patient’s electronic medical record in accordance with established procedures; enters, pends and signs orders as appropriate.
- Prepares patients for practitioner visit; rooms patients, obtains and records vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem; chaperones and documents the patient exam, ensuring patient privacy and comfort.
- Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep and re-stocking of supplies; prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains related equipment.
- Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of communication tools/materials for /effective communication and understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services. Patient Population Served: Demonstrates knowledge and proper skills associated with the department’s defined specific populations served.
Performs related duties as required.
Education/ Work Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing approved by the Washington State Board of Nursing. One year RN work experience in a clinic setting OR two years of acute care RN work experience preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification.
starts with you.
Are you a career fit with our CommonSpirit Health culture? To understand how we are structured, we believe in some core philoosophies with the following:
We will be stronger together, achieving excellence in all we do, collaborating across the fields and growing our collective knowledge.
We will let humankindness guide us as we treat every person with hollistic, persaonalized care for the bod, mind and spirit.
We will advance the science and art of nursing as innovative leaders who demonstrate the power of evidence-based, compassionate care. If you believe in working together with humankindness for all to advance the science and art of nursing - thne you have found your career fit with us!
“Our hope is that you will always feel inspired, knowing you truly are the heart and soul of CommonSpirit.”– Kathleen D. Sanford, EVP, Chief Nursing Officer
Your Possible Career Path
This is a snapshot of your potential career path highlights the series of job positions that help you progress towards your goals and objectives. Ultimately, your career path depends on your career values and personal goals.
What makes a successful RN Clinic Gastro Pre-Admit at Franciscan Medical Group
Our Total Reward Offerings
At CommonSpirit Health, your Total Rewards package includes compensation, benefits, retirement, wellness, leave, and other programs. Please explore what we have to offer below.
Pay and Recognition
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.Get Started