Up to a $5,000 Sign on Bonus for qualifying new external Clinic LPNs
- Lump sum payment within 30 days of start date
- 1 year commitment
- Bonus amount prorated by FTE (min 0.6 FTE required)
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following additional benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Commute Trip Reduction Program - Earn cash back for participation!
- Wellness Program
Franciscan Medical Group, a part of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, is currently seeking a full time Clinic LPN for our Franciscan Medical Clinic- Internal Medicine at St. Joseph in Tacoma,WA! We are cohesive team based environment with a passion for excellent patient care. No nights, weekends or organizationally recognized holidays required. Excellent benefits package and free onsite parking!
This job is responsible, under the direction of a Registered Nurse or other Healthcare Provider, for providing quality practical nursing care to clinic patients consistent with the scope of LPN licensure and Franciscan Medical Group (FMG) Scope of Practice Policy. An incumbent assists providers with patient clinic visits, carrying out routine aspects of designated nursing protocols and provides clinical support and related assistance to professional medical staff. Work also includes participating in patient care planning, assisting with and/or performing therapeutic/diagnostic procedures/tests, reporting nursing observations/assessments and updating information in the patient’s electronic medical record.
An employee uses initiative in carrying out recurring tasks independently within scope of practice and established standards of care. An RN or Provider provides specific instructions for new or more complex tasks and is consulted when unusual/unfamiliar situations are encountered.
Work involves effectively managing a demanding workload and requires excellent customer service skills with patients/families, multi-disciplinary team members, practitioners and the public.
If assigned to the centralized FMG Float Pool, an incumbent provides patient care services to the assigned clinic/work unit as needed to meeting staffing needs.
*LPN-Clinic Specialty title applies only to employees assigned to the VM OB Clinic.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares patients for practitioner visit; rooms patients, obtains and records vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem; chaperones and documents the patient exam, ensuring patient privacy and comfort.
- Performs, or assists with, patient care, diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training/scope of licensure and established procedures; follows triage standing orders/protocols for routine nursing situations and refers complex, urgent or emergent situations to an RN or provider.
- Assists with point of care testing (CLIA-Waived Tests only)/lab tests following established protocols/instructions.
- Administers patient medications per written provider order; tracks and logs medication usage per established policies; inventories counts of controlled substances.
- Documents procedures and interactions in patient’s medical record in accordance with established procedures; enters, pends and signs orders as appropriate.
- Organizes exam rooms, including general cleaning, upkeep and re-stocking of supplies; prepares, cleans and sterilize instruments and maintains related equipment.
- Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of communication tools/materials for /effective communication and understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services. Patient Population Served: Demonstrates knowledge and proper skills associated with the department’s defined specific populations served.
Performs related duties as required.
- Graduated from an accredited school of practical nursing approved by the Washington State Board of Nursing. One year of LPN work experience in a clinic setting OR two years of acute care LPN work experience preferred.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS Certification.
- If assigned to the Float Pool, current driver’s license and ability to drive to assigned location(s).
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs