In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following benefits:
Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
This role is responsible for designing, configuring, building, testing, implementing, documenting and maintaining software application changes for Virginia Mason Franciscan Health’s (VMFH) robotic process automation (RPA) efforts to align/automate current workflows, processes and procedures in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and professional standards.
Work requires collaboration with stakeholders having detailed knowledge of the workflow, requirements, content and outcomes of assigned functional area to assure the needs of the represented user or department are adequately and effectively supported. Incumbents are also accountable for: 1) Analyzing existing business processes and identifying opportunities for automation; 2) Working collaboratively with end-user stakeholders, operations and process owners to discuss automation opportunities, consider user requests and brainstorm BOT design; 3) Designing, automating and optimizing robot (BOT) performance; 4) Working with Automation Anywhere (AA) or similar vendor to troubleshoot and resolve longer-term issues/changes; and 5) Educating operational end users on future software functionality and participating in the development of training materials to support features and application optimization.
An incumbent is accountable for engaging in/attending educational offerings for further professional growth, keeping abreast of regulatory matters that may impact scope of work, and maintaining familiarity with VMFH operations and major data programs utilized and seeking guidance from senior staff members on matters that deviate from standard practice and/or non-routine issues/problems. Key operational activities include primary responsibility to analyze work flows and understand policies, procedures and constraints of the clinical or business operations supported by the application.
Essential Job Functions:
- Consults with management, key system users and other stakeholders to identify/document operational needs and develop/define appropriate technological solutions for improved system automation, integration, efficiency and functionality leading to improved patient care.
- Designs, develops, configures, tests, implements, upgrades, documents and maintains/supports AA (or similar) software application(s) consistent with project plan(s), technical specifications and the operational needs of the organization; works collaboratively with other IT/technology group members and end users to assure optimal software functionality; follows established security protocols in the execution of all activities in order to assure the safety of information system assets, processes and data.
- Develops effective relationships with Automation Anywhere (or similar) vendors and/or service providers to establish timely and effective lines of communication and to maximize system development/enhancement efforts.
- Instructs and/or educates operational end users (clinical and non-clinical) on current and future functionality of the assigned software application.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare-related field, Information Technology, Business Analytics or other related field, and three years of directly related work experience, preferably in a healthcare or finance environment, that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities.
- Or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Certification in Automation Anywhere software (or similar application) is required within six months of date of hire.