The posted compensation range of $32.08 - $46.51 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
St. Lukes Health–Sugar Land Hospital offers the latest technology and treatments for residents of Fort Bend County and Southwest Houston. Our services range from heart care and neuroscience to robotic surgery. Our recently opened Family Birthing Center offers incomparable care and amenities in a spa-like environment to provide a VIP—Very Important Pregnancy—experience. Since 2008 our experienced doctors nurses and support staff have provided expert care to support our community.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Uses machines that utilize strong magnets and radio waves, instead of radiation to create body images; is trained as a radiology technologist who Works in the imaging department, and has specific training to perform complex diagnostic and therapeutic technical procedures in the MRI department.
1. Responsible in enforcing magnetic field safety for MRI patients, operator and visitors.
2. Monitors the patient’s condition before and after the scan to ensure patient safety and comfort
3. Explains testing procedures to patient ensuring patient understands what the involvement of the exam.
4. Positions and instructs the patient about the preparation for the MRI test
5. Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy of the head, thorax and abdomen, physiology, and MRI terminology, practices and procedures
6. Be familiar with specific MRI coding systems
7. Maintain patient confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
8. Prepares equipment ensuring that equipment is operational, safe and functioning according to diagnostic standards.
9. Problem solves equipment failure and imaging quality and contacts service representative and CES regarding equipment problems.
10. Completes all quality checks and Ensures that equipment logs are maintained.
11. Completes all clinical supply inventory, ensuring that each diagnostic room is complete with the necessary supplies required to perform the procedures.
12. Actively Participates with patient exams, performing routine, urgent, and emergent patient requests.
13. Assists with patients with basic clinical care.
14. Assists with patient scheduling when required.
15. Ensures that patient orientation, patient preparation/history and patient teaching is provided prior, during and following exam completion.
16. Reviews the physician orders to verify the types of diagnostic exam requested and that the indication for the procedure is consistent.
17. Selects the specific equipment settings for the prescribed exam and modifies the settings to ensure optimal image quality is obtained.
18. Completes the diagnostic exam according to specific departmental procedural protocols. Each exam has specific defined protocols
19. Obtains assistance with any procedure which are not completed, or if there are any patient care issues.
20. Completes patient visit by ensuring that the exam is complete, the documentation has been processed including patient charges and the patient has been discharged safely.
21. Completes image processing, PACS QA, including the documentation of logs, demographic and diagnostic information required for departmental, hospital and patient record documentation.
22. Completes all image post-processing.
Education and Licensure Required:
*Associate’s Degree preferred
* Certificate from accredited MRI program and Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists - ARRT (MR);
Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists - ARRT (R)(MR); must maintain current
and certified by State of Texas - MRT
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
*Good alpha/numerical dexterity and handwriting skills
*Interpersonal skills for communication with patients, physicians and other hospital personnel
*Must have good written and oral communication skills
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs