The posted compensation range of $30.55 - $44.30 /hour is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.
St. Lukes Health–Sugar Land Hospital offers the latest technology and treatments for residents of Fort Bend County and Southwest Houston. Our services range from heart care and neuroscience to robotic surgery. Our recently opened Family Birthing Center offers incomparable care and amenities in a spa-like environment to provide a VIP—Very Important Pregnancy—experience. Since 2008 our experienced doctors nurses and support staff have provided expert care to support our community.
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Operates diagnostic equipment and Performs a variety of technical diagnostic imaging procedures related to CT. Provides patient orientation, procedure explanation, and pre and post diagnostic care to completion of test. Performs complete diagnostic imaging tests inclusive of positioning patient, calibration of equipment, and documentation of findings, with the direction of the imaging supervisor/manager. Assists patients with basic patient care needs.
- Performs CT exams on patients according to the specific departmental procedure protocols under the direction of the Medical Director.
- Prepares equipment ensuring that equipment is operational, safe and functioning according to diagnostic standards
- Problem-solves equipment failure and imaging quality and contacts service representative or CES regarding equipment problems
- Ensures that daily equipment and room maintenance are performed during/ after each procedure, and that special precautions and measures are performed to ensure infection control standards.
- Completes all quality checks and Ensures that equipment logs are maintained
- Completes all clinical supply inventories, ensuring that each diagnostic room is complete with the necessary supplies required to perform the procedure
- Actively Participates with patient testing, performing routine, non-routine, urgent, and emergent patient requests
- Reviews the physician orders to verify the type of diagnostic test requested and that the indication for the procedure is consistent
- Communicates with Radiologist to obtain proper exam protocol/test design.
- Provides specific diagnostic test information to the patient ensuring that the patient is aware of the diagnostic test involvement
- Performs Point of Care testing for lab tests according to hospital guidelines
- Effectively starts IVs following hospital guidelines
- Completes the diagnostic examination and all image post processing
- Demonstrates competency in PACS process and Performs daily QA process
- Completes image processing, including supporting documentation of logs, demographic and diagnostic information required for departmental, hospital and patient record documentation
- Responsible for monitoring and recording radiation dose levels
- Notifies Radiologist with any diagnostic findings, which warrant communication.
Education and Licensure:
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists – ARRT (R ) (CT); must maintain current
- Certified by the state of Texas – MRT
- CPR/BLS certification
- One (1) year experience as a Radiographer
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good alpha/numeric dexterity and handwriting skills
- Interpersonal skills for communication with patients, visitors, physicians and other hospital personnel.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
Map this location
Get an idea of what your daily routine can be like.Click Here >
Join our Talent Community so you can stay connected and be alerted to future opportunities.Sign Up
No recently viewed jobs
You have no saved Jobs